Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I Miss U

I turned away from Marco and Casey's moment. I felt a weird feeling in my stomach that wasn't nausea. I don't know what it is, but I don't like it.

"We'd better head to class. The bell will ring any minute." I said. I really just didn't want to be around Marco. "We'll talk about tomorrow, at lunch." They all nodded and we went our separate ways.

If Marco can move on so fast, maybe he didn't really love me. I love him, so I'm not going out with some other guy. I could've sworn he hated Casey. At least annoyed by her. The way he talked to her when they were around each other. I guys Marco will be Marco. The way I've known him to be in the past.

Marco's P.O.V*

Casey pulled away and smiled up at me. I just looked at her with a straight face.

"Can you go out again tonight?" Casey asked me, biting her bottom lip. "Last night was too fun."

"I'm busy. Maybe another time." She pouted, but I didn't really care.

"Hey Marco, Casey!" Kyle called. I looked to see our friends walking towards us. "So are you two like, serious?"

"No." I answered.

"Well I'd like to think so." Casey said with a worried look.

I groaned. "See what you've awakened?" The bell rang, and I took it as my chance to leave.

In Biology, I tried not to think about Bailey. But when she's sitting right next to me, it's hard.

"Alright, we're going to work on a project today." Mrs. James said. "Your tools are at the back of the room. We'll start with the back of the room getting your things, up to the front of the room."

Bailey got up and went to get our tools. She came back and sat the tools on our table. I wish we didn't have a project. It's going to be weird.

"So," I started. "So you know what to do? I haven't been paying attention."

"Pity for you." Geez, she was happy yesterday. What happened? "

"Look, I'm sorry. Is that what you want to hear from me? You don't have to be so b**chy."

She glared at me. "What did you just say?" She asked me. "You know what, since I don't want to get into it with you right now, I'm just going to leave."

Bailey's P.O.V*

I walked out of classroom, leaving Marco to do the project on his own. I walked down the hall and into a bathroom. I went into a stall and put down the lid of the toilet, and sat down. I can't believe he just said that to me. He'd never say something like that if we were dating. Does he really not like me anymore? I wish none of this was happening. I haven't seen this side of Marco all year. Maybe I was changing him like Mrs. Nancy said.

After school, I met with my friends outside in the parking lot. Spencer held Hannah's hand and Kassia looked as excited as ever.

"Hey guys." I greeted them.

"Hey Bailey." Kassia greeted. "I was thinking we could all go to the mall and then go out for pizza. Does that sound good?"

"Sure, I'll call Justin and invite him."

"Your appointment is at 10:00 right?" Spencer asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah. I don't think it'll take long, so we can meet at 11:30?"

"Alright."

I drove home after making plans for tomorrow. As soon as I was in the house, I went into the kitchen, feeling hungry. I got out some bread, turkey, and condiments. I made a turkey sandwich and sat at the kitchen table. Sunday I'll be four weeks. Dr. James might be able to see the babies tomorrow.