[0] ➾ PROLOGUE

Alex Russo was once again in the principle's office, looking Mr. Larrytate with a smirk as she sat on the leather beanbag chair with her matching boots she made out of the other beanbag that she stole from the office.

"You are in a heap of trouble, Miss Russo!" Mr. Larytate told the student, "Do you know how much trouble you would be in for burning down the science lab?!"

"Um, a lot?" Alex questioned with a shrug.

Mr. Larrytate threw his papers on to the floor, "You bet it's a lot! This is it, Miss Russo! No more easy cuts, no more loopholes, no more rides into the sunset! You are going to be out of here like a turkey on thanksgiving!"

Alex just furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at the man obsessed with the old west. "What does that mean exactly?" Alex asked.

"It means, Miss Russo, you are being expelled!"

Alex looked at him for a moment before laughing, "Okay so this is one of those times where I ask you what expelled means and you take out a dictionary and tell me to look it up."

"This is certainly not one of those times! The paper work is all here." Mr. Larrytate said, throwing a stack of papers on her lap.

She looked down to see a huge stack of papers, more than 500 pages worth, with her name in big, red letters. She opened the first page to see her first ever record of her first grade. Throwing erasers at her teacher until he gave her an award.

"I don't see why you giving me memories from the past and present is necessary." Alex said, laughing when she saw the page where she had glued all the teacher's things to the ceiling. She was thankful for magic because she would have never had done that by herself. She liked shortcuts.

"This is no laughing matter, Miss Russo. You are being expelled."

Alex looked up at Mr. Larrytate with a smile, "Oh please, Mr. Larrytate. You always pull the expulsion card and I always pull the manipulation card. It's how our relationship works." Alex stood up from the beanbag, "See you, Hershel."

"Alexandra Margarita Russo!" Alex heard her mother's angry voice from behind her. Alex stood frozen, her hands in front of her.

"Miss Russo, even though you're frozen, we can still see you." Mr. Larrytate told her, causing her to turn around to her parents' wrath.

"Alex, I was in the substation, picking the plastic spoons and forks from the trash when Mr. Larrytate told me that you did something else reckless! How did all of this happen?" Jerry asked his daughter.

Alex pursed her lips, "I don't know. You and mom had me. So, technically, this is on you two."

"Alex, when are you going to learn to be responsible for once in your life?" Teresa questioned.

"Oh, mother, mother, mother. I think we all know that's never going to happen. That's more Justin's scene." Alex said with a smile.

Jerry looked at Mr. Larrytate, "Mr. Larrytate, what did Alex do this time?"

"She burned down the science lab." Mr. Larrytate told the former wizard.

Jerry turned to Alex, his face turning red, "Alex, ugh, gah!"

"I love you, daddy?"

"Alex, you are in big trouble!" Teresa scolded her daughter before turning to Mr. Larrytate, "What is it this time? Detention for the whole semester? Suspension? Community Service?"

Jerry leaned towards his wife and whispered, "The last thing's gonna blow her mind!"

"Expulsion." Mr. Larrytate said, causing Jerry and Teresa's eyes to widen.