A Lion's Roar

Author's Note:

This is the backstory of Nicholas Hunter, aka me. Enjoy yeah okay bye.

Prologue

On December 24, 1991, at 1:47 pm, in Doncaster Royal Infirmary, a son was born to Selene Hunter and James Smith. They were overjoyed to see their son, but, even from birth, they knew that something was different about him.

At the hospital, when their baby was carried past the occasional potted plant, the plants seemed to ripple and bend, like air over a fire. And the moment their baby opened his eyes, his mother gave a shriek.

His eyes were pale, lightning bolt blue, practically white.

~6 Years Later~

"Momma! Dadda!" 6-year-old Nicholas came running up to his parents. "Momma, where's Gareth?" Selene smiled down at her son. "He went home, dear. It's late, and we should get going." James nodded. "Let's go, then."

As they left the park, the wind started moaning and whispering through the trees. A man sat on a wooden park bench, watching them closely, monitoring them. He smiled. "Soon, my dear. Soon the time will be ripe. But the other... a warning?" The man's high cackle and the strange hissing sounds were lost in the scream of the suddenly cold wind.

- 2 Weeks Later-

The town was abuzz with excitement. A little boy by the name of Gareth had been brutally murdered. Blood had covered the scene and his guts were ripped out. Only one family in the whole town knew what had happened.

"No! Listen, Selene. It's happening again. Don't you remember Michael? Ralph? Calvin?!" James stared at Selene fiercely, waving the newspaper informing readers of the murder in her face. Selene glared back defiantly. "No, you listen, James. Nicholas is my son too! I can't leave him!" James looked into her eyes. "I'm not asking you to. Just... Please, Selene. I- I can't lose you." Selene's eyes moistened. "J-James..." She nodded slowly, and broke down into sobs. James held her as she wept against him.

Two weeks later, Selene Hunter disappeared from Nicholas's life forever.