Chapter 1

Xiva smiled viciously, her blacked out eyes gleaming. Her plan was working out accordingly. She would bring Dreamworld to heel, and Earth as well. She would bring a dark era to both worlds like had never been seen or imagined. Her name would be spoken with fear and all would kneel before her.

She pursed her ruby lips, remembering with relish how the first step in her plan had unfolded. Of sneaking up on the Gate Guardian and sinking her spider fangs directly into his jugular while binding him tightly with her other legs. This alone would not have turned him, but Xiva was clever. She had worked it out. If she held the Scepter and drew the beginning traces of dark energy from him, it would leave a vacuum inside of him that would draw upon whatever energy was closest to replace what was taken. That energy was her. The cycle worked so that eventually, the Guardian would be consumed in dark energy. He would be hers.

Xiva stood and descended from her dark throne, her blood-red dress trailing on the ground behind her. "Aldren!" she called out to the General of her minions.

"Yes, my Queen?" asked the acid green djinn, bowing before her with a fisted hand pressed to his chest.

"It's time to collect more dreams," she stated with savage pleasure. The satisfaction she enjoyed each time she highjacked a person's dreams and mind never dimmed, and the power it gave her through the Obsidian Scepter was a buzz on its own.

Wrapping her black and red cloak about her, she hunched over, her mass shrinking down into a small ball before expanding again quickly, sprouting long legs and front body parts of a spider as it grew. When everything stopped, Xiva had transformed from her elegant human form into a huge black widow spider. Her wicked mandibles clicked as she began her search for more victims to increase her power.