May I Open Your Eyes?

He was safe in his mother's embrace. His head on her lap.She was smiling so sweetly and her eyes glistened with unshed tears.

She was stroking his hair gently while humming a sweet and sad lullaby. The fresh smell of wild honeysuckles and roses were refreshing and he knew that he was in their safe little haven. Eren tried to move but found that he couldn't. He couldn't even speak.
The young boy looked up to see his mother crying. She covered her mouth as if she'd done something wrong. Soon heartwrenching sobs violently shook her body.

"My baby! It's okay, my little baby boy! My baby!" She screamed.

"My baby!"

"My baby!"

"Eren!"
....
"Eren?"
He forcefully tore apart his eye lids and tried to sit up, but he found that rather impossible.
No. No. No! NO!
No! This can't be happening! No! Please no! Dear God no!

"Eren. Calm down."

Everything became ominously silent.His heart was lodged into his throat. The air slowly started to smother him.

Eren's eyes started to focus and he found himself in a hospital room. Eren couldn't help but feel his insides sink. He turned towards Mikasa. "W-What happened?"

He soon wished he didn't ask that.

Her eyes looked haunted and sad.
"You were attacked. I... I'm sorry I can't! I just.." She then broke into sobs. "They took your legs Eren! T-those bastards took your legs! And-and I wasn't there to protect you!"

What? What does she mean?

He forced himself to sit up.

No amount of preparing could ever be enough for this.

His right leg was gone.