Chapter Two: So Dark and Lovely.

I followed the three as they started speed walking out though the forest. The sun had set and I could hear growling creeping up from behind. Matt grabbed my hand and began to sprint along side the girls. " We've gotta move fast." I began to speak but I was interrupted by Daisy. " We don't have time for this. We'll explain later." I said nothing as we ran and ran and ran. Amelia managed to trip and get her ankle stuck. " Just go!" She exclaimed in fear. "I've got the quadrant!" I wondered what that was. Apparently it was enough for us to keep running without her. The growling became louder as we no longer saw Amelia.

       Finally, and without Amelia, we were out of the forest. We followed a stone rode with old black fences along the sides. Breaking the silence, Matt turned to me. "You can talk now. We're alright now." I couldn't figure out what to ask first so I started with the obvious. "Why were we running?" Daisy stepped in between us. "Lemme explain." Matt shrugged his shoulders and nodded. "We were running from Greylons. Those things making the growling noises. If you're wondering why we were in the Dead Forest in the first place, it's because there tends to be a lot of stuff in there. I mean, the Greylons only want to eat you and not your belongings. They just leave those. So we go in and take what was left." "What about Amelia?" I asked. Matt joined in. "Amelia will be fine. She's usually pretty clumsy so she's got her quadrant. "What's a quadrant?" Matt shoved Daisy when she rolled her eyes. "Anyway," he continued. "A quadrant is a cube with the ability to give you invisibility or help you start a fire. The invisibility is to stay hidden and the fire is to keep the Greylons away. Who knows why the hell it's so, but those fuckers hate fire. Like Frankenstein's monster or some shit." Daisy began to show excitement. She jumped up and down and pointed towards a light in the distance. "IT'S THE VICTORIAN!" I later learned that that's what they called the entrance to the Victorian like towns. The town was gorgeous. So dark and lovely. Dim lights scattered around the town, dark purple, gray, and black buildings and stone roads, and horse drawn carriages. Sure the people were all pale and such; being dead, but very lively. Daisy shook her head and smiled. "You guys go ahead. I'm going to wait here at the entrance for Amelia." Matt turned to me and smiled. "I'll give you a tour while we wait on Amelia."

     This was where I actually got to know Matt.
He showed me where everything was. The homes, where new arrivals of the dead appear, and where they usually went out to eat. Favorite people to piss off, who was gullible.  "In case you didn't know, just cause you're dead don't mean you can't get hurt. If you die again, you disappear forever." I nodded. "Mallory, was that your name? Ok ok so I guess it's time for you to get acquainted with Arthur." My eyes twinkled like stars due to my curiosity. Matt saw this and chuckled.

Matt led me through one of the many dark alleyways this town had to offer.this one led out to a more drearier part of town filled with scary looking men and weeping women. He whispered, "Don't make eye contact with anyone unless I say so." We walked up to a building to the far right with a worn down brown fence around it. Matt knocked on the door with force and persistence.