Sign on Up

Dedicated to KooReader. Thanks for being the first reader!

I walk up to the ticket booth to register into the Nerftastic war.

"Thank you for the $20. Here's your ticket." Said the lady in the booth.

I grip tightly on my Nite Finder EX-3. I've been using this one for years. It's handy but old. My mom bought it for me at a garage sale. It was $8. Yes, I know, if it's cheap it' break easily. That's what I thought at first but look, it's still working perfectly fine.

From the corner of my eye, I see Clovis. He was surrounded by news reporters.

"How do you feel about knowing that you're going to win number 1 in the war?" I heard one reporter ask.

"Of course I'm happy. I appreciate my fans for being here with me." He replied.

As soon as he said that, a group of girls behind him screamed his name.

"CLOVIS, CLOVIS, CLOVIS IS MY NUMBER 1! CLOVIS, CLOVIS, CLOVIS IS MY NUMBER 1!"

Annoying fan girls.

Clovis held up his massive gun and laughed evilly.

I ignored him and walked into the waiting area. I still had an hour before the games start.

I saw Bowser munching on a cookie at the snack bar. He's chubby but he runs super fast. He won number 3 last year.

Over to the left, I saw Jenkins napping on the sofa. 2 years ago, he won 4th. The only reason he lost last year was because he fell asleep while hiding, and got shot by Clovis.

I can't wait to go into the arena. The arena is a basically a huge maze in a dark dome. The walls are black and the floor has neon yellow lights on it so you know where you're going and won't bump your head on a wall.

Can't wait to shoot people and hear that loud "Bzzzzt" meaning that someone is out of the game.

I absolutely cannot wait.