Chapter 17| Denver

Special thanks to StyleIsMyJam  for helping me with this chapter!

Stan's POV

"Ah! Oh my God it's just you," Firkle said, jumping up from the couch. "Hey where's Kyle? Is he okay?" I asked with concern. "No one is here. I-I broke in looking for Ike," Firkle admittied, rubbing his neck. His face was red and stained with tears, like he had been crying. "I broke in as well. What happened with Ike on Saturday?" I asked.

"We-well...Ike and I had been friends for a while now and stuff but.....the other night he....he kissed me. One thing led to another and we were kinda making out.......then his parents got home. They were drunk and angry to see us doing what we were doing . They started yelling and breaking things; they punched me a few times but Ike stepped in and told me to go upstairs and wait. I waited for a long time until their dad came upstairs, beat me up and literally threw me out. I walked home and that was that," he explained.

"Well I'm happy you and Ike like each other. It was pretty obvious but I think I have an idea where they are," I said. "Where?" Firkle asked in curiosity. "The ally. I'd imagine he's either run away or been kicked out," I said. "Stan, no one is home. I've checked the entire house. They haven't been here in days," Firkle said. "I know. C'mon follow me," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him along. I almost dragged him for about 5 minutes before we finally reached the dirty ally. We looked around and he wasn't there. Only the usual drug addicted homeless people were hanging around.

"Fuck where could he be?!" I yelled as I slammed my fist against the wall. I shouldn't have intervened with his parents! I regret everything, bullying, hurting Kyle. I hated it! "Jesus I hope they're ok," Firkle said, tears dripping from his eyes. I pulled out my phone and texted Kyle, please respond. I need to know if you're okay! Where are you?! Then sent it. "I hope he responds," I mumbled. "I've been texting Ike ever since that night. Not a single response," Firkle said, tears streaming onto his cheeks. "Dammit. Could they be hiding out at school?" I asked. Firkle dropped to his knees and started to sob immensely.

"Ike," he cried out. "I'm gonna call him. It might not work but damn I'm gonna pray," I said as I pulled out my phone and called him. "Wait. Are you two looking for those drunk parents who took their gay kids somewhere?" one of the homeless men asked. "Yeah! Have you seen them?" I asked enthusiastically. Oh God maybe this could help! "Yeah I have but first....you guys got any money?" he asked. "Ugh, how much will it be," I asked annoyed but still glad he saw them.

"Ehh I'm feeling nice. Just $10 each, you seem like good kids," he said. "Fine, here," I said, handing him the money as Firkle handed him the money as well. "Last night those parents dragged those kids into their car. They said something about 'leaving this town and all the fags in it. They're gonna turn Kelly gay next'. I think it was Kelly, they looked like a dude though. I'm pretty sure they're in Denver now. Also free advice, don't do heroin," he explained. "Fuck fuck fuck!" I screamed. Okay I guess we're going to Denver. "Do you know where in Denver?" Firkle asked. "Sorry kid can't say that I do," he replied.

"Maybe I can track his phone!" I suggested. "Stan I've been in their house since this morning. I checked the entire thing and found both Kyle and Ike's phones in there. They don't have their phones," Firkle replied. "Dammit!" I exclaimed. "What if we just go to Denver and check with all the hotels?" Firkle suggested. "Yeah because Denver isn't huge and there isn't a policy of keeping your customers privacy! Not to mention we do have school it's not like we can up and leave!" I yelled in fury. "I don't know what to do then!" Firkle cried. I know that they're only 13 but they seem to really fucking like each other.

"There has to be some sort of lead! Maybe they left some clue back at the house," I said. Firkle wiped his tears away with his sleeve and nodded. "Ok let's go then," he said, walking off towards the house. Firkle pulled out his phone and started typing into it. "Ok, there are 314 hotels in Denver," he said. "Fuck not like that's a lot!" I said sarcastically. "Well, not to be racist but Jews are normally cheap so they're probably in a cheap hotel," Firkle said. "Maybe, Kyle's parents kinda follow that stereotype," I said.

"Ok so we'll just visit all the cheap hotels and bribe the accountants," Firkle said cheerfully. "That's stupid. We can't just do that we need to be smart about this," I said, trying to calm my angry mood. They fucking took him away to Denver! They might try and move there! I like Ike but it's his fault for not being careful enough with Firkle. At least his parents don't know Kyle's gay. I wonder what's happening to Kyle right now....his parents better not have hit him! No one fucks with my bae.