Chapter 3 Dante

There were sharp little finger nails running down my chest. I tried to pretend to still be sleeping so she wouldn't stop but the smile curving my lips gave me away. The bed beside me shifted as her weight settled closer to me. I was expectin a kiss, instead her hand wrapped firmly around a delicate part of my anatomy.

"I know you're awake. If the smile wasn't a give away, this certainly is." Isa purred at me, taking advantage of her grasp. If she wanted me to open my eyes, doing what she was doing to me was counter productive. Unable to resist her provokation anymore, I grabbed her by her delicate shoulders and rolled us over so I was leaning over her and she was pressed into the bed.

I stared down into Isabeau's beautiful eyes and was amazed at how very lucky I was. She laughed up at me, a carefree and blissful glow lighting her face. If my life were a Hollywood movie, we'd stare into each others eyes, then kiss passionately and make love. Here in reality though we both moved to kiss each other at the same time and instead bashed noses. Which set us both off laughing like school children.

Valentine would be the first person to tell you that I have a dorky laugh. I wish I had a smooth rumbling belly laugh like Vin Deisel in Pitch Black, but no, I snort and wheeze. Isabeau's laugh was a bright tinkling sound, like chimes in the breeze. I looked at her and my entire world froze for a moment as I realized something. Peeking out of Isabeau's beautiful, laughing mouth were two dainty little fangs. I blinked and she was smiling up at me, curling her fingers into my hair. I shrugged aside my musing about her teeth and kissed her lips. I couldn't seem to get enough of her mouth. This strange gnawing Hunger was rising up in my blood and the more I kissed her, the more frenzied I got. She didn't seem to mind though, instead Isa's delicate hands pulled me to her and encouraged me to vent my frantic need into her body.

Afterwards we lay together, her head resting on my chest as I stroked fingers through her hair. Ususally the scalp is a warm spot, but Isabeau's scalp was a cool as the rest of her. Then again, I wasn't one to talk, my own skin feel strangely cool compared to how I normally was. "So what happened last night?" I asked my lover, realizing that our little dance floor liason was the last thing I remembered. I wasn't normally the kind to drink until I black out, but it has happened once or twice in the past, so I didn't think anything of it.

"You pretty much passed out on the dance floor." Isa laughed softly. "It's rough, those first few moments afterwards. But you handled it well." she complimented. I glowed at the compliment even though I had NO CLUE what she was talking about. I think she sensed that because her next words were, "You have no recollection of what I'm talking about do you?" she asked, pulling her head off my chest to look at me.

"Not really, sorry lovely." I admitted, not liking the disappointment that flashed through her eyes. But she smiled at my softly.

"Let's see if I can't remind you then." she whispered softly. And despite the fact that we'd already had a morning tumble, she started to kiss the sides of my mouth, her nails tracing across my chest. I'm a guy, even recently satiated, my body jumped right back into readiness. She drifted her mouth away from mine and kissed the lobe of my ear, then down my neck. She licked a tender spot on my throat and I groaned. Suddenly a hot driving Hunger flared up through me, violent and lusty. It swam over my senses and controlled my body. I was gripping her hair and roughly pulled her mouth back to mine, claiming those taunting lips as my own. My rational brain was horrified at how aggressive I was being with someone so delicate, but she seemed to like it. Her fangs scratched at my tongue as I drove it into her mouth and she moaned at the taste of my blood. She straddled me, our bodies connected in the most primal dance and pulled away from the kiss. The Hunger running through my system owned me completely and controlled my body.

Horrified I was unable to stop my hands from grabbing her, one roughly in her hair again and the other wrapped around her bicep. I was seeing things differently than I had before, like a golden paintbrush had been applied to everything. Writhing above me, Isabeau was a delicious looking caramel amber colour, a growing flare of white in her core that called to me, telling me she was close to that glorious edge. My body was pounding harshly into hers as I pulled her to me and sank my fangs into her neck as she loudly proclaimed her ecstacy. My body released in a rush as her blood flowed down my throat. She let me drink in a few mouthfuls of her cool blood before pulling away from my mouth. The blood smoothed down my throat and settled into my belly, quelling the Hunger and letting it curl back up into a sleeping monster.