Chapter 8 Dante

I stared at the blood dripping off my Master and lover's face and the first thing that washed through me wasn't remorse, or worry, guilt or love. I was powerfully aroused by it, and absolutely disgusted. Isabeau stared at me and for once the violence didn't incite her own lust.

"I'm sorry Master. I don't know what happened." I felt the words tumble out of my lips as I dropped to the floor on my knees. I'd attacked her before and she'd loved it. The more violent I'd gotten, the louder she'd screamed and begged me to make her come. This time though, I'd nearly ripped off her damn face and she knew that lust and love had nothing to do with it. That had been pure killing rage.

Isabeau's face was still dripping blood and my weak moral code broke a little more when I found myself crawling over to her, nearly prostrate as the bond between us compelled me to beg her forgiveness. I had attacked my Master and it was her place to punish me. The arrogant man I used to be shook inside my head, trying to buck off the overcontrolling Hunger and bond but I couldn't. My humiliating crawl only ended when my hands touched her feet and still she stayed silent, watching me lose another shred of my humaity just to earn her forgiveness. But I needed her now, and we both knew it. There was no way back for me, and if I wanted my twin to share eternity with me, only Isa was able to help me make that happen. So when I reached Isa's feet, I bent even farther forward and kissed the top of each dainty toe. It's not as disgusting as it sounds. Firstly, my Isa is fastidiously clean, outside of sex and feeding. Secondly, the moment my Master became a vampire, she stopped sweating and secreting the same oils and chemicals that the mortals around us oozed out constantly. So unless she'd stepped in something foul between the bed and the wall, there was no way for her foot to be dirty now.

Isabeau wasn't a terribly old vampire, as far as her span of the centuries, but she was old fashioned enough to still prefer sleeping in a night gown. Since the loose, nearly see through cotton was every kind of distracting on her body, I loved seeing her wear them. It was always a fun tease to search for her body under the layers of concealing fabric, so I took advantage of the night gown she was currently sporting. I kissed her delicate ankle and used my nose to lift the hem of her delicate as spiderwebs gown up a little. I hear her breath catch and was glad the dress hid my grin. She didn't need to breath and still I could steal her breath away. It's a pretty big compliment. And I hadn't even done anything to really earn the forgiveness I knew she'd give me.

Still, I wasn't expecting it when my Master went from softly gasping as I kissed my way up her legs, to outright moaning before I even touched her core. When I looked up at her face, it was no longer torn, and the bleeding had stopped. Her visage was still painted red, but it no longer had the ability to repel me. As I heard her maon again, I knew that something was happening beyond just my lips touching her inner thigh. But whatever it was was controlling me now too and I was powerless to stop it as my fangs pierced the skin over her femoral artery and the cool but rich blood of my Master filled my mouth. She cried out in ecstacy but I didn't feel the Hunger respond. It was strange but I knew that for the first time, I was feel the effects of my twin's Hunger. I had felt her lover waking her, and somehow their intimacy was echoing through me to affect my Master.

Valentine wasn't even aware that she had left herself completely open this way. I'd been so filled with rage, that when I'd run from her I expected to lose this tenuous connection between us. But I hadn't. She was still with me, my twin wasn't abandoning me this time, even though I knew she should to try and save herself. My arms wrapped around Isa's waist and I lifted her up easily, carrying her back to the bed while her heavy lidded eyes watched me from a bloody face. Now that I was aware of what Valentine was experiencing, I couldn't block it out of my head. I felt her suck the length of her lover into her mouth and felt my own body throb in arousal at the idea.