Chapter 3: Nathan

Nathan's POV
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Nathan Sa'id Veraghese (well not Veraghese anymore) and I live in an orphanage. I'm 15 years old and I like football, American football, hockey, lacrosse, and track. My favorite color is navy blue and my favorite animal is a zebra. I guess you're wondering why I'm in here. My bio parents were dentists and they loved to torture me in the dentist chair. One day, Clarissa one of the assistants in the office saw what they were doing to me. She immediately called the police and they were arrested. Since none of my extended family wanted me, I ended up getting put in this orphanage. This place makes me miserable, the only thing that's not bad about it is that we don't have to go to the dentist, which is my second biggest fear. My first being getting adopted by one. I've never been to one beside my parents, but the stories that my friends from before I was an orphan told was all I needed to never go. But anyway I guess I'll tell you what I look like. I have caramel colored skin and jet black hair. My eyes are a green hazel color. "Nathan?!" Mr. Cazzupi yelled up the stairs. He's one of the owners of the orphanage, the other being his wife Mrs. Cazzupi. They are super nice people, but I still can't help but feel miserable not having a family to call my own. "Yes sir?" I said back. I could hear the faint sound of footsteps coming up the stairs gradually grow louder as he reached my door. "We need to talk, can I come in?" The man asked, knocking on the door. I walked over to my door and opened it, welcoming him in. He sat on my bed and motioned for me to follow suit and I did. "So me and Mrs. Cazzupi have been talking and we decided that it would be a good idea for the teens in the orphanage to start getting dental checkups. You guys already get physicals, but your oral health is important too and your teen years are the most crucial time for teeth before serious problems become irreversible. So throughout this week, you all will have to go to a makeshift office we set up here to get cleanings and checkups by Dr. Arianna Kelley." He told me before patting my shoulder and walking out of the room. My nightmares are becoming a reality...