Chapter 7

"Typing? What's that?" I looked at Quin in confusion and wonder. The girls were talking about teaching me something new, something called 'typing' and I had no clue of what that was.

"Typing is a form of writing, but not with pen or paper." Quin tried to explain, but I still didn't understand.

Charlotte stepped up to Quin, "I don't know...we'd have to go to the library because the Bennetts won't let us use their laptop or tablet. Are we sure she can handle dealing with other humans?"

"I'll be fine." I said, I really wanted to learn this typing thing. "I should learn how to communicate with other humans so I can go to school with you guys."

The girls looked at each other. Dee Dee nodded, which I had never seen her do. They all agreed that I needed to learn how to type and how to communicate with others. I asked them what a library was and the explained it was a place where people can borrow books for a few weeks. Then I asked if I could borrow books too.

So added to our list was to get me a card so I could borrow books. I was very excited for this.

We had to walk to the library, and I had to wear shoes, which was weird but I kinda liked it. Quin and Lucy were the only ones with cards to borrow books out of the girls.

The walk wasn't very long and soon we were going into a older building that smelled like books. I liked it already. I saw a long desk that two ladies sat behind, doing something with a box thing.

Quin lead me past the ladies and to a table that had about five box things that people were using. We were able to get one and I was sat in front of it. The box thing had a window on it that changed every time Quin did something, like she was commanding it to change.

She clicked on a circle that was on the screen. The circle had a blue middle with red, green, and yellow coming from it to form the circle. When I asked what it was, Quin said it was the internet and that the internet connected our computer to other's so we could, of wanted to, talk to people from around the world.

I found it amazing and then I learned that the box was called a computer. It had a rectangle with a lot of buttons with letters on them that some how transferred onto the screen. Quin opened a typing website, as it was called, and started to show me how to use the keyboard. Which was the rectangle with letters.

Every time I pressed a letter, it showed on the screen. I soon got a hang of the typing thing was going on with the lessons the website had. It was great! I could type what ever and it showed on the computer! It was very different from writing with a pen and paper. Lucy mention that she wished that they could teach me how to text too. I didn't know what that was.

After we used the computer and I had mastered the typing, Quin took me over to the ladies at the front. She smiled sweetly to one of the ladies. "Hello Grandma Patty. Lupin here would like a library card."

The woman Quin had called Grandma Patty looked at me with a weird look. She was an older woman, with a stern face. She just looked at me like something was wrong. "Lupin, eh? How old are you?"

"Twelve." I replied.

"Twelve, eh? I guess you can have a card." She pulled out a blue, yellow, and white card with black printing on it. She told me to write me name on the card, so I did. She looked at it and frowned. "You need to put down a last name sweetie."

"I don't have one." I answered her. "I'm an orphan. I was raised by wolves!" 

The woman looked at me strangely. "You are the girl who was raised by wolves?"

I blinked in surprise. "Um...Yes."

The woman was even more amazed. "You were all over the news when they found you. I didn't know you where here though. Here," She handed me back my card.

"Thank you." I said and looked at it before Quin lead me away.

We went to a section of the shelves of books. I looked at them, trying to find a book or two. "What about this one?" Quin asked, handing me a book.

I took the book and looked at it. White Fang by Jack London. I nod, "Okay!" Then Quin handed me another book titles Call of the Wild, also by Jack London. I took the books and found another two.

We checked them out then got the other girls. Once we had everyone, we headed home.

The walk home was fun as the younger girls jumped around. Dee Dee, of course, just stayed quiet, but she was smiling. But then, three guys started walking towards us. I looked at Quin and she looked tense.

The guys stopped in front of us, making us stop as well. "Look, it's the orphans. And they got fresh meat." The guy with brown hair said.

"Is that the wolf girl?" The blonde asked and laughed. "It is!"

I glared and started to growl in anger. The third boy with brown hair that was clearly dyed blonde. "She's growling!"

"Shut up!" Quin snapped. "You are so rude."

The brown haired boy raised an eyebrow. "Wow Quin. When did you get all defensive?"

"When did you become such a jerk?" Quin shot back. "Leave us alone."

The boy laughed. "What are you going to do? Have your mom call our moms? Oh wait you don't have! Didn't she give you up?"

I looked at Quin. How did that boy know? I didn't even know. I drew the line there. I crouched and then pounced at the brown haired boy. I pinned him down and growled. "Don't make fun Quin again or I'll rip your throat out!"

The boy looked truly afraid. I got off and stood up. I watched as he and his friends ran away. I looked at everyone and smiled. They were all in shock and soon cheered. They group hugged me.

Soon we were walking again and I looked at Quin. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Quin said the smiled at me. "Thank you."

I smiled back before we entered the house.