Chapter 17

I decided that school and crutches don't mix well.

By the time I was out of the hospital and back at school, everyone knew what had happened. There were mixed feelings towards me and I didn't understand why. Some were jealous that I had become what called 'famous' and some felt bad for what had happened.

Well, that's what Aiden had said any ways.

I tried my best to ignore it all, to the point were I didn't reply to people's questions. And that was only the first week of November. 

Soon I found myself in court again and I knew this time we would win.

It started out the same way. I sat on the witness stand and listened as Fakey asked me questions. "It's just as I said. He chased me and I got caught in a bear trap. He pushed down on it and then the wolves came."

"And why were you out in the forest?"

I sighed. "Mr. Leon took me to see my pack to cheer me up after what happened at the last trail."

"Did you make contact with the wolves?"

I glared at him. "No, I talked to unicorns. I just said that I did! You try finding out the only parents you had died then nearly get your foot cut off!"

The judge looked at me. "Miss Lupin, please calm down. We know this past month has been hard for you-"

"Hard?" I gawked at him. "I was taken from my family, placed in a home that was unsafe, expected to learn to speak and act like a human. Then I was sent to school and then this happened. That's 'hard'? Try extremely difficult."

Once, I stopped talking I realised that I had lost my 'cool' and exploded. Everyone was just looking at me in surprise and not saying anything. I leaned back in my chair. "I'm sorry, but you can't expect me just to smile and say 'I'm fine' when my life got flipped upside down quicker then a wolf can run."

I was sent back to my seat and I watched as Mr. Bennett took the stand. "Everything Lupin said is true. My wife and I were upset that we were sent to court that we were going to kidnap her and hold her for ransom. But the wolves saved her. They didn't even hurt her. I regret everything I did."

The judge stated how long the Bennetts were going to be in jail and then court ended. Mr. Leon lead me outside of the courthouse and lights flashed in my face.

"Lupin! What happened in there?"

"Lupin! Can you tell us how you feel living with humans?"

"What was it like living with wolves?"

Voices called out my name and questions. Mr Leon shoved them aside and I slowly followed him before I was stopped again. "Lupin, was the transition hard?"

"Yeah...of course it was. I went from being raised my wolves to being taught English by five girls." I answered, unsure of what to do.

"Was it hard to talk with the wolves again?" One lady asked. 

"Not really. It felt natural." I replied. 

"Are you glad that the Bennetts are being locked away?" A man questioned me.

"Um...I'm glad that their being punished but..."

"Do people treat you different because of your background?"

I nodded. "Yes, I get asked a lot of questions though."

Mr. Leon pushed through the crowd, "Go away, all of you." He said before taking me away. He got me in the car and quickly drove away. 

After awhile I spoke up, "Who were those people?"

"Reports. Every time something big comes along, they all the story. Right now, its you." He answered with a sigh. 

"Oh..." Was all I could say.

"I just hope they don't change what you did tell them." He sighed.

[Again, short chapter and I'm sorry. It's hard to keep thing interesting with out over doing it. Next chapter will be a short one but the last two should be more interesting. Please comment if you have any questions about the story or that you would want