The High Priestess

Sorry its been so long updating everyone! Thank you so much for your chapters and votes on this story! I am so happy its thrilled me so much since I thought it wasn't that good! Hahaha. Whenever I see people's comments it makes me smile, So a massive thank you to you all and a special shout out to Friend_For_Life1000 and Vukmira Some _Random_Person98 for your awesomeness!

If it weren't for you guys I would probably have dropped it by now so thank you so much for your support!

Love everyone for reading this HAPPY READING!

XXXXX C

Khepri looked around the now silent and empty courtyard as the other priests and priestess of the party had mysteriously disappeared leaving her alone looking at the statue. Her beautifully carved face, her enchanting, smiling lips a deep calm seemed to go through her and she felt herself visibly relax. This was the first time in her life she felt truly at peace.

 Then suddenly from nowhere, a vision of Prehir filled her mind, confused Khepri shook her head as the goddesses statue seemed to blur in and out of focus in front of her, and her smiling face was replaced by Prehirs.  Suddenly she heard laughing, a woman's laugh,  filled with mirth, the laughter seemed to surround her as if it were being carried by the wind that now appeared out of nowhere, wrapping her arms around herself she shivered violently, a chill filling her and seeping into her very bones. 

The wind abruptly ceased as the door opened and Asim came back out, quickly glancing back at the statue, Hathors smiling face had reappeared flickering in the torches. Asim motioned her to join him by the door still shivering slightly she joined him, a look crossed Asims face as he stared at her, but turning he motioned for her to go through the door, not saying a word.

A few moments later she was shown to another door.

 "I will wait here".  Asim said his happy expression had returned back to his face. Taking a deep breath Khepri pushed the door open and found herself in a wide chamber, the walls adorned with the gods each one smiling down at her.  A huge desk, littered with scrolls and books, haphazardly placed across it, stood at the far end of the chamber, chairs sat in front of it and a wide bookcase covering one side of the wall stood behind.

 A small table sat in the middle of the chamber, etched into the wood were scenes of Hathor with Ra and the other gods. Golden chairs with the goddess's image sat round it. Another door stood closed at the side of the chamber. Khepri stood biting her lip not knowing what to do suddenly the door to her right opened and a beautiful young woman walked in her black wig was long down to her waist around the top of the wig was the uraeus. Her face was kind, motherly looking. Her sparkling blue eyes outlined with blue kohl in a simple blue linen gown.

Beaming a smile she gestured for Khepri to sit at the desk. Khepri noticed that as the woman walked her gown flowed like water down her slim figure. Seating herself in the chair behind the desk she rested her elbows upon it, still smiling.

 "My name is Hathor daughter of Nebwenenef the high priest of Amun and sister of Smataway high Priest of Hathor in the main temple, but I am the High Priestess of this temple and I am known as the lady of Dendera". She smiled again glancing down at a scroll in front of her. "I trust your journey wasn't too long" moving the scroll to one side, she returned her attention to Khepri her gaze intense and searching.

 Khepri suddenly felt as if she were standing naked, and felt herself redden. "Interesting" Hathor whispered under her breath still studying Khepri, suddenly she got up smiling. "I do hope you enjoy your time with us, under the guidance of the great goddess" with that she turned, walking back towards the door as she reached it she turned briefly back "your heart knows what it wants even if your mind does not" her beautiful eyes twinkled at her in the light like the Nile in the middle of the day.

 "One day you will see". With that she walked out, closing the door gently behind her. Khepri sat stunned for a moment until Asim came back in after knocking first gently. "Let's take you to your chamber my Lady" getting up she followed him out of the door and back into the courtyard.