5

I had just got in from my walk around town when I made the call. Flopping down on the bed, I grabbed the TV remote and clicked through channels. Whenever I would try to pay attention to a show all I could think about was Dinger. I rolled around my bed and squeeled like I would have when I had my first boyfriend in grade 6. Time passed with flipping through channels, it was then 5 and I headed downstairs. I stood on the edge of the curb waiting for a taxi to come along. Soon enough, an empty one came along and I waved it over. I climbed in and told the driver my destination. Looking out the window of the cab I watched the scenery pass by. I couldn't stop smiling as I thought about finding Dinger again. All the years of thinking he had forgot about me or moved on and in reality, he was missing me just as much as I was missing him; well at least I think so. We pulled up to a medium sized house in a suburban neighborhood. I got out, paid the man, and slowly walked up to the door. I lifted my had and barely touched the door before it swung open and stood a smiling Dinger. "Riley, I'm so glad you're here!" He beamed and pulled me into a big hug.

"Me too, I waited years for this." I said into his ear as we continued the hug. He was warm and smelled really nice. I never wanted this to end but I pulled back, trying to avoid being awkward the first time handing out with him as adults. I sure didn't feel like one but I don't know how Dinger's personality changed; but by his job and outfit, not much.

"Well I'm glad you're here," He started and gestured for me to come in. I walked past him and looked around until my eyes stopped on a small package. "We got that from Coleman and we're about to open it. I told you Bobby, I know stuff."

"You had a dream about Coleman and a package just happened to be delivered today, it's a coincidence." Bobby rolled his eyes.

"A dream about Coleman?" I asked, confused.

"Well, I mean he wasn't in the dream, it was some fat biker dude. But it was him talking to me through the biker."

I looked at him like he was crazy. "You've got to believe me Riley."

"Well, what package did you get?"

"We don't know yet, we were waiting for you."

"Thanks." I smiled and sat down, awaiting Dinger to open the medium sized brown box. A girl with red curly hair was sitting on the floor in front on the box. I looked at her and smiled. She smiled back and stood up, walking towards me.

"Hi I'm Rachel. I've heard so many things about you." She smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"Really? Oh, I mean, hi, I'm Riley. Dingers never mentioned you." I chuckled not knowing if she knew she was never mentioned.

"I know, he never mentions me to any one." She lead me to the couch and I sat between Dinger and Bobby as she sat on the ground. Dinger started ripping through the box, flicking packing peanuts all over the place as Bobby yelled at him to stop making a mess. Soon, a small wooden box was placed on the couch. Dinger opened it and I was quite disappointed that it was just a pair of sunglasses.

"This is what Coleman sent you?" I asked.

"Wait there's a note..." Bobby said and picked it up from in the box.

"Hey, lemme see." Dinger snatched the note from Bobby and the paper ripped in half, making 2 lines of writing unreadable.

"Nice one, Dinger." I complained and bugged him in the shoulder.

"Hey its not my fault, look, we can still read it." He said and stuck the 2 pieces of paper together. "Dear Bobby and Dinger," He began to read with an I told you so kind of smile. "I wish that you will handle these with care because... be safe, love Coleman...." He looked up from the paper and to me, shrugging his shoulders. "Well it was nice of him to say love?" I rolled my eyes at him and picked up a pair of sunglasses and placed them in my face. My jaw dropped and my eyes were filled with beautiful colours.

"What do you see?" Dinger asked me.

"Pretty colours." I giggled and watched Dinger pick up the second pair of glasses. Once he had them on, I found myself looking right at him and moving closer. Not realizing it, I suddenly had my arms wrapped around Dinger's neck and my lips pressed on his. His mouth opened, and his hands were on my hips. He kissed me with such hunger and longing. I hadn't realized how long it has been until the glasses were taken off of both me and Dinger. The kiss broke and do did our grasps on each other. Rachel and Bobby stood there holding the glasses and trying to hold in giggles.

"I knew you still liked her!" Bobby laughed. Dinger and I turned away from each other. I was blushing uncontrollably and I felt my body get really hot as I stood there.

"Why don't we try this again." Rachel said and broke some of the tension. "Dinger you put on the ones Riley had on, and I'll put on these." She said, handing a pair to Dinger and put on on her face. Dinger almost instantly walked away to his room. He came back with some money in his hand and gave it to Rachel.

"I was saving this money for something, but the rents more important." He told her with a smile. She slipped off the glasses and looked at me and Bobby with a shocked expression. "Hey why don't you give those to Bobby and you put on these?" Rachel asked and Dinger switched the glasses and put a pair on Bobby, ignoring his protests. He stood up and went to his room, soon retiring with a red jacket, black dress pants and shoes, and a black fedora.