Newt Imagine: 3

Me too. I stumbled backwards into a neighbouring tree. There was a voice, inside my head? But it was his. It was Newts. I slid down the tree so I was sitting and shoved my head into my hands. Newt snapped out of it and sat down next to me, cradling me like a baby. I looked at him, to my right and noticed his own tears dribbling down his flawless cheeks. We must have sat there, hand in hand for at least an hour. "We need to tell Thomas." Newt whispered.

I lifted my head off his shoulder and looked at his furrowing eyebrows "okay".

Newt stood up and helped me up. "I'm just glad we aren't in the scorch anymore." he said.

"Yeah, those times were bloody horrible. There were so many cranks I thought one of the shanks would get me." I spoke quietly.
So we walked for a while, out of the park and on a gravel path, leading to where Thomas was being held, it seemed like forever. "Do you think Thomas will be mad?" I asked, "I mean, this is the second time you've caught the Flare..."
Newt looked at the ground, hands in his pockets, "I don't know, I just don't want to be one of those shanks that goes bloody crazy and hurt people."

"You won't," I reassured him, "Even if you went crazy I would still love you and I'm sure you'll do the same." 
Newt pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my head, "I promise that whatever happens, I will find some way to protect you and I only die if I go mental." He whispered.

He pulled me away then smiled. "You're so adorable when you smile," I laughed, "I always thought that, even when I didn't like you in this way."
"Thank you" He said and pulled me in for another hug.

We walked to a big, grey building with the word WICKED written on the front wall above the large doors. This is where they kept Thomas after we finished the Scorch trials. They gave us our memories back. They said it was very rare for people to go nuts after they get them back,  only about two percent of the people went nuts. Thomas was in that two percent. 

Newt and I stopped at a gate as a woman in a security uniform stopped us. "State your names and business please." Her voice was husky and old.
"I'm Newt and this is Caprice. We are here to speak with Thomas, it's very important." Newt replied in a dull voice.
Then she clicked a button and a smaller gate opened. We had just stepped through when another security guard, a man, stopped us. "Please step through this disease detector" He said.
"Is everyone in there immune?" I asked in a small voice. "To the Flare?"
"Well, statistically speaking, no. But most are" He said matter of factly.
"I have the Flare." Newt stated.
"Come with me" The security guard walked through a door, motioning for us to follow.
We followed and in the room were two rows of bio-security suits, all yellow and vibrant. "You either have to wear one of these or you can't come in, I'm afraid. Sorry, It's to protect those who aren't immune. You poor lad" He looked quite sorry for Newt, this guard must have had an experience with the Flare at some point. 
"Can you send him out here?" I asked, "I know that Thomas is immune."
I didn't want poor Newt wearing a shuck-face bio-security suit. "I will ask and I really do hope you get the cure, someone as young as you shouldn't have to die from such a terrible disease." He said.
"Just wait out front."
We walked out of the room and waited while the man had a conversation with a not too nice sounding person over a walkie-talkie. Five minutes of persuading later, he turned to face us. "Thomas should be down in roughly fifteen minutes." He said happily.
"Thank you" Newt said, giving him a quick smile.