Prologue

Under the amethyst blanket of a world far away, a dazzling shape dived, glided, and tumbled as if it was the essence of freedom. From afar it looked like a comet moving in all directions, but when it descended, what it really is will be revealed. The creature swooped downwards and came to a halt in its flight. It resembled a certain creature unknown to her, a hummingbird, in appearance, yet so different in every other way. she was tall and streamlined, with many extravagant feathers in colours of the cosmos- deepest black, violet, azure, silver, crimson, orange, yellow, and emerald. Three tiny fans on streamers dangled from her head, and two larger illusions of eyes swirled around from her tail. Her three other tail feathers seemed as if they had been plucked from a scorching star, and her talons were miniature silver knives. A thin crescent rested above her eyes that were so strikingly green, so not her species. But it wasn't really her appearance that made her unusual. It was something else that the other Zilvyri . For no-one else was as interested in other life-forms as she, or even that showing appreciation and focusing on what good will make a better life for everyone. This young Zilvyir was special, who might change her species-and perhaps that of another-in the far future. She dreamed of flying away to the place she was meant to be, a more meaningful place. She knew this was not what the rest of her race would choose for her to do, but she dared to be different, and do what was right. She was Starfeather, a Zilvyir of Kerova, who would fly where no one had been before. Somewhere...