part ii: she

The first thing I saw in the crowded arena was him. It was as if his presence could set me alight at any given second. Many screams and cries were pointed his way and I understood why. He was handsome, very handsome. The way he carried himself it seemed as if he was unreal.

I should have known, really. Should have known from the start, that fire and fire only causes people to burn.

Yet she continued to move her body to the slow song, his eyes drifted above the crowd. As if the the love floating towards him was taken like leaf from a tree. The girls, and the occasional boy's, eyes were glued to his every movement. His hands blowing kisses in all directions. His eyes strained to look past the bright lights which made his presence seem only more Godly. So when he sent a smile in the direction where she stood the crowd immediately went wild. They screamed his name.

Harry.

And that was the first time she began to slip away. That name.

It wasn't the fact that he could not hold her eye contact for more than six seconds. Nor the fact that he started to become agitated when the fans began to push more space between them. It was the fact that Harry was himself and she, herself.

And in no way, in a parallel universe could their souls ever intertwine. They were not compatible. She was a blessed star in his universe, yet she would never understand that.

So for the first time, she slipped through his finger tips. With one last hasty glance at his piercing eyes.

She left.