Chapter 15

Chapter 15

               Jack and JJ spent the rest of the day together.  JJ showed him all that he knew about swordsmanship.  Steering a ship.  Running a ship.  He was a born pirate.  Jack was proud.  Prouder than he had ever been.  Madeline had taught him well.  It was in his blood.

               JJ had given Jack the coordinates to Madeline's island.  And according to JJ, they would be there soon.  Jack felt as if he were on pins and needles the entire time.

               Jack looked up to the crows nest to see his son on lookout.  He was watching for his mother's island.  He promised Jack that it would be within the next hour.

               "So he's really yer son Jack?" he heard Mr. Gibbs ask.

               "Aye, that he is Mr. Gibbs."

               "Knew she was hiding somethin'." He said bitterly.  Jack turned and eyed him suspiciously.

               "What do ye mean?"  Mr. Gibbs appeared nervous.  And turned to walk away.  Jack clapped his hand on his shoulder.  "I asked ye a question Mr. Gibbs."

               "Land ho!" they heard JJ yell from above.  He was waving his hat excitedly and pointing.  Jack hurried to the side to see a beautiful lush island ahead of them.  Jack smiled to himself.  Very lush.  Very well hidden.  Only a pirate would know how to locate it.  He smiled and waved to JJ to come down.  JJ quickly slid down the ropes to stand next to his father.  Jack turned and glared at Mr. Gibbs.

               "We will finish our conversation later.  Savvy?"

               "Aye Captain.  Savvy."  Mr. Gibbs walked away grumbling.  Jack turned to watch as his crew tied up the Black Pearl at the dock.  The Intrepid on the dock next to it.

               Madeline's crew approached the Black Pearl with caution.  But once they saw Jack, they waved him ashore.  And when Mr. Taylor saw that JJ was with him, he sighed in relief.

               "Captain.  Thank ye for keepin' young JJ safe."  He said reaching to shake Jack's hand.  Jack shook Mr. Taylor's hand.

               "Aye Mr. Taylor.  I would never let any harm come to me son."  Mr. Taylor looked at him.

               "So ye know."  It wasn't a question.  It was a statement.

               "Aye, I know."  Dead silence.  "Where is she?"  Mr. Taylor hesitated.  Not knowing if he should tell Jack or not.  But he had known what had happened all those years ago.  It was time for the truth to be told.  No matter how hard it might be.  He pointed to a hilled section of the island.

               "She be up by her waterfall."

               "Her waterfall?"

               "Aye captain.  Just follow the path to the fork and turn left."  Jack turned to say something to his son.  But he was already running to the house.  Jack sighed and removed his coat.  Things were about to get very hot.  And he knew it wasn't the temperature.