Prologue

"Mark...ah, careful!" Jack hissed as Mark cleaned his serious wound. They had just settled in for the night, but more fighting was bound to happen tomorrow. Mark died inside as he watched how much pain Jack was in. His wound wasn't too serious. But a bullet had grazed his arm. "I'm sorry, I'm almost done." Mark said, and reached over to the table next to him, grabbing a roll of bandages. He slowly wrapped Jack's arm and taped it tight. Jack sighed in relief and lay back on his bed.

Mark sighed, leaning back against the wall. "Why did we do this?" He asked. Everyone turned to look at him, sadness deep within their eyes. "Because, we're brave. There are not very many people who would be willing to do this, and maybe we could finish this war once and for all. Plus...we...we had to, Mark." Alesa said, pulling her hair up into a bun. Mark nodded and closed his eyes.

A tear fell from Jack's eye. He sniffed and pulled his blanket over him, sighing in exhaustion. "You okay?" Mark asked, looking over at him. Jack nodded. "J-just...overwhelmed, I guess." He said quietly. "Everything's gonna be fine Jack. Promise." Mark said, putting a hand on his shoulder. Jack nodded and took in a shaky breath before falling asleep. Mark smiled a bit and went over to his bed. "I think it's time we call it a night." Dan said, laying down on his bed and switching off his bedside light. "Yeah, night." Felix said, and switched off his light, as did everyone else. They all fell asleep, all wishing that they could wake up in a completely different situation.

4 hours later...

The whole room was silent. Everyone asleep, not a sound to be heard. The only peaceful sound that happens during these weeks of war. But no one knew what was about to happen that would change the war forever.

A faint beeping could be heard just a mile or two away from the campsite. Felix's eyes fluttered open, and he leaned up, stretching his arms. He looked around to see if the beeping was coming from anything in the room. But it wasn't. Then he finally realized. "EVERYONE OUT!!!" He exclaimed. But he was too late.

The ground shook, the loud booms, fire shooting up into the sky.....

THEY WERE HERE. A bit...too...early.