Late

Kayla's P.O.V~
I woke up feeling happier than I've ever been in my entire 18 years of living. It's been six weeks since Carter and I's first time and we haven't been able to keep our hands off of each other. Although I have been feeling funny these past three days. I'm eating more than I usually do. It feels like I'm eating for four rather than one.

The happiness is soon gone when a sudden wave of nausea washes over me. I jump to my feet and rush to the bathroom. I drop to my knees and spill my guts.

A minute or two later I feel gentle hands pull my hair into a makeshift ponytail while another rubbed my back. "Are you okay?" Carter asks.

I shake my head since my breath probably smells like ass and death. I mean come on, morning breath and vomit? Yeah, I don't think so.

After a while I stopped puking and a a heap of dry heaves racked my body. I slowly stood up and gulped down a cup of ice water. "Yeah I'm fine." I spoke.

"Okay. I'm gonna go make some breakfast." He kissed my cheek and left the room.

I looked to my left and saw what I think is the solution to my recent weird behavior and eating habits.

Tampons.

Now that I think about it...when was the last time I used one of those?

I immediately knew what I had to do. I took off my pajamas and jumped in the shower.

While in there I let my mind wonder to all the possibilities.

I could be pregnant but with the appetite that I've been having there has to be something else to it. I just might be pregnant. Now that I think about it Carter and I haven't used protection since we were too caught up in the moment.

I got out of the shower and brushed my teeth before walking back into our bedroom.

I put on a cute pink sweater, dark blue skinny jeans, and a pair of white, low top Converse.

I put on my small diamond earrings and started to comb and brush my hair. I left it down straight and did little to no make up. Just a tad bit of blush and pink lip gloss.

I grabbed my keys, phone and wallet before walking downstairs. "Hey Carter, I'll be right back." I yell into the kitchen.

"Kayla? Where are you going?" He asks.

"Don't worry, I'm just going for a drive. I feel a lot better." I smiled reassuringly. "Okay, don't be too long."

I nodded. "I won't. Call me if you need anything." I shouted over my shoulder. "Okay. Be safe!" He shouted back.

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too."

I walked out the door and closed it behind me. I walked to our car and headed to the market.

Carter had brought me a few times, it had everything you would ever need on an island.

I went to one of the isles and picked up three pregnancy test. I took them to the check out and left the store.

I got home and quietly closes the door behind me. Carter was in the kitchen still and music was playing in the background. I used the sounds and tip toed up the stairs and to our bedroom.

I went into the attached bathroom and took the test.

Those five minutes were the longest five minutes of my life. When the timer on my phone beeped I nearly jumped out of my skin.

I looked at both of the test and smiled so big I'm surprised my face didn't get stuck like that.

I ran down the steps screaming.

"Carter! Carter!" He came running from around the corner. He stopped in front of me with panic filled eyes.

"Kayla, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I nodded excitedly and handed him the pregnancy test. It took him a second to finally figure out, but when he did he looked up at me with a huge grin on his face.

"Is this..." I nodded."So you're..." I nodded again.

Not even a second later he picked me up and spun me around. He set me back down on the ground and kissed me softly. He looked me in the eyes and said "Are you sure?" I nodded happily.

"Yes, I'm sure. I bought three tests and they were all positive." I told him. Carter smiled again and hugged me close. I could feel the heat radiating from his bare chest.

We decided to wait until we got home next week to tell Rain, Maya, Paige and Ryan the good news.

Carter and I talked about possible names and how we wanted to decorated the baby's room. We didn't want to do the expected colors of like pink for a girl and blue for a boy. We decided to switch it up a bit. Maybe blue for the girl or green if it's a boy. We haven't quite decided just yet so nothing is written in stone.

We just spent the rest of the day in bed watching movies and talking. And maybe fooling around a bit too but hey, what can you do?

We're excited. In nine months we are going to be parents. Whoa.