Puppy

Chapter 1

Kris' POV

It was early September, I was sitting in my office. I should go to Florida next month and I'll be able to see Stana only in FaceTime or Skype. And this will lasts right until our wedding in Croatia. Of course, I will be able to come back for Christmas, but still. I wanted to buy something to Stana before I left, so now I was sitting and thinking what will be better. 'Necklace? A ring? Earrings? A bracelet? No. It isn't what I need. It should be something unique, something that will remind her of me. A puppy. Yes, exactly! She always wanted one!
Perfect, Kris, but with her work this will be hard and everything. Urghhh... No, puppy is a perfect choice. First, she won't feel lonely while I'm gone and second, this is a dog- he'll protect her, so I can be calm, that something will happen with her. Agreed!'
I quickly opened browser and typed 'Dog breeds'.
Oh, here it is: Wikipedia list of dog breeds.
I opened the link and started looking. I was scrolling and scrolling down until one breed caught my eye. "German Shepherd" I read. I clicked there and started reading about it.
"...German Shepherds are highly active dogs and described in breed standards as self-assured.
The breed is marked by a willingness to learn and an eagerness to have a purpose. They are curious, which makes them excellent guard dogs and suitable for search missions. They can become over-protective of their family and territory, especially if not socialized correctly. They are not inclined to become immediate friends with strangers. German Shepherds are highly intelligent and obedient."
'Perfect. That's exactly what I need'.
I decided to call Seamus Dever. He and Juliana love dogs, so I decided to call him to ask for an advise. We became a very good friends after he helped me a lot, when I decided to propose to Stana.
I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.
"Hey" I heard an unsteady voice of my friend.
"Hi! What are you doing now, that you're breathing so hard?" I turned around at my chair and leaned back.
"It's... Just..." He didn't finish, when I heard a voice of a woman.
"Hey, babe are you coming?" It was Juliana.
"Yeah, 5 minutes it's Kris"
I heard the steps-he was going to another room.
"It's just... After Jenny's pregnancy in the show, Juli wants a baby, too".
"Oh, congratulations, man". I said smiling.
"So, I was calling you, because I need an advise from you. I'm leaving in one month and I decided to do a present to Stana, and I decided to brought her a puppy. And I was thinking about buying a German Shepherd. What do you think?"
"It's a great choice. She's gonna love it. Okay, I need to go. Bye".
"Bye. Thank you." I said and hang up.