Chapter 9 - Remembering Mom

This should be good.

I hear the one of the showers cut off followed by a loud scream. The others turned off just as Zayn stomped in the livingroom where I hugged Nialls arm for protection. Safaa woke up earlier and was sitting on the other side of me.

To be honest, Zayn looks like a troll doll. He has hot pink hair and orange skin. He was holding up a towel around his waist securely. He growls taking Safaa's attention away from Spongebob Squarepants.

The three of us burst out laughing before the others come in. Harry, Danielle, and Waliyha are purple. Liam and Perrie are red. Louis is blue. Eleanor is dark red.

"What the bloody hell did you do to my hair?" Zayn growls.

"Screw your hair! Why the bloody hell am I RED?!" Eleanor cries.

Zayn glares at her while the others ask what I did.

"A good prankster does not reveal ones secrets young grasshopper." I smirk. Niall snickers beside me. "If you don't like it then drop out." I cross my arms.

"We are not going t-" Zayn starts.

"I'M OUT!" Waliyha shouts walking back upstairs. Harry follows her agreeing.

"Oh now it's on!" Zayn growls stomping back upstairs. The others follow. I hope they know that the Kool-aid won't come off completely for a few days.

Safaa turns to me wide eyed. "You did that?"

I nod along with Niall.

"THAT IS AWESOME!" she squeals hugging us. Her tiny arms barely wrapped around our shoulders as we got squished together.

"Why thank you." I giggle at the girl in our laps as I'm pressing a shoulder to Niall's.

"I can't take the credit. Safaa you know the little I know is from living with the boys. This was all Katie." Niall chuckles taking the small hand away from his shoulder and putting it on my other. She hugs me tightly.

"You're smart Katie... and funny and chill and you can dance and you really pretty a-" she smiles at me. I cut her off from the rant.

"Wow! Slow down. I'm not pretty and I can't dance worth shit." I laugh. Niall tenses beside me.

"Are you kidding me?! You're awesome at dancing and you're gorgeous! You could be a model!" She argues, wide eyed.

"I'm not Eleanor. I can't be a model."

"I doubt that love. I don't know about dancing but you are pretty." Niall laughs sliding away abit and turning to me to tickle my nose with the ends of my hair. I blush when they laugh as I sneeze. I bite my lip. I never liked people laughing at me.

In elementary the kids would always tease me. Some bullied. In middle I took a lot of sports and joined clubs like Homeless Pet Club, Writing club (I liked writing little stories and poems), art club- where students can create school posters for upcoming events, interesting news, fundraisers, etc.-, and all kinds of others. I played soccer (6th & 7th grade), track (8th grade), basketball (7th), and volleyball (8th). But I quit volleyball the 2nd week when I almost broke my wrist at a game.

Anyway, I did a lot and started to joke around more. Thats when I started sharing all my jokes and started becoming more social. I made friends then but some still bullied. I never let it get to me but in 11th grade when one boy pushed me into the boys bathroom making me fall on the floor, a lot of people laughed. It never ended. The bullies started spreading rumors that I slept with every guy in the school, that I was a whore, that I only wanted attention, or even I was following a boy inside, if you know what I mean.