chapter 7_bruised

I really need to go James.I looked around paranoid,when I turned back Leo was in front of me.

"There you are "

"I was just leaving Leo."

"It doesn't look like it,it looks like you're flirting to me."

What! No,I

"Let's go now laken!" He shouted loud enough to turn heads.

"I'm the security guard and Laken wasn't flirting." James interrupted.

"If you want to keep your job,I advise you to stay away from laken." Leo replied coldly.

James shot Leo an evil look.

"Don't threaten me."James stared Leo down for a good 30 seconds.

Leo grabbed me and drug me away,leaving James behind.I looked back at James with tears in my eyes ,he looked so angry balling his fists,I looked away and fell to the ground.

Get up Laken,stop this.

You're hurting my arm!I screamed.

I noticed James walking towards us fast.
Hey ! He yelled. Who the hell do you think you are,let her go!

Leo spun around and punched James in the face.James wasn't affected much by the hit,blood trickled down his chin.

I gasped in horror at what Leo had done,he was a dirty cop and a monster as a human being.

"Why did you hit him? "I gasped staring at James,he was wiping off blood.

Tears pored from my eyes and James looked at me as if he felt sorry for me.
His gaze turned towards Leo and changed.

"You're not much of a cop."James gave Leo a cold glare .

Leo laughed and grabbed me and walked to the car.
______

Later that night after I took my shower and got dressed,leo barged into my room.

Stay away from James! He ordered.

I was amazed he didn't hit me that night.I was expecting something awful to come for what happened.

I'll be back later.He smiled an evil smile and I was somewhat terrified.It was coming.Would I survive all if the abuse,one blow could kill me.I tried to push it back,but I was shaking.I wanted a savior,a hero.I wanted to tell someone what was happening,but fear and pride stood in the way of my nightmarish life.One day he was going to kill me,but what was I going to do.

______

It came in the middle of the night,I felt myself being drug out of bed,I felt the blows to my face,stomach and back.At the moment my body was in shock and felt no pain.I was sure I might die tonight.He was at it with so much anger,I knew this was going to be bad.

________

I heard sirens in the background.Shortly after,I felt myself being carried away and I blacked out for two whole days.

I woke up in the hospital and that was when I felt the pain.My head hurt and it was hard to breathe.My eyes felt strange,it was a heaviness that was all to familiar.My one eye was extremely blurry,I could barely see out of it.

I heard someone enter the room.

"Hi Laken,I'm nurse Carrie.How are you feeling?"

"Everything hurts",I breathed painfully.

"Awe,okay hon.I will get you some relief here shortly.Can you tell me your pain level from one to ten please?Ten being the most severe."

It's like an 8,I told her.

"Okay rest up,I'll go get you something for pain." she smiled and fluffed up my pillow.She walked out and Leo walked in and I felt my stomach turn.

_____

A/n
I'm sorry this chapter is a little short.Please comment and tell me what you think.