The Price is mine

Sequel to the Heart Shaped Box

Len POV
"Can you please do it?", I asked the sea witch, asking for my love to return, "It's her choice, she picked to turn human, I'll only do it if she wants too and for a price", she said. "Wait, what price did you get from (Y/n)?", I asked, she had a smirk on her face, "I actually got her life", she said, "What?!", I exclaimed, she ain't gonna die. "She was 16 when she turned human, right? Well, I gave her only 10 years left to live, ooh and how old are you?", she asked me, "Uh.. 25", I answered, "Ooohhh, so she only has 1 year left to live, so she can live if she agrees to go back to sea", the sea witch said, I immediately swam to shore to warn her.

When I reached shore, I saw (Y/n) sitting on the sandy beach, "(Y/n)!", I called out, she looked at my direction, "Len!", she said, running towards me and hugging me, "(Y/n), I have to warn you, if you don't turn back into a mermaid before your birthday, you-", "Die", she finished, "Wait, you knew?", I asked. She looked at me with teary eyes, "Len, I still love you, but I-I don't know h-how to tell the s-sea witch", she said, I wiped away those tears and kissed her forehead. "Uh.. I have an idea", I exclaimed, getting water pearls from my satchel, "Water Pearls? But how-", "Your father gave this to me, saying if you wanna go home, you can", I said, while giving her a water pearl. "Eat it", I said, "What?", she asked, I just did a serious face, then she ate it, "You can breath underwater now, come on", I said, holding out my hand, she grabbed it then we went to sea.

Someone you don't know POV
"(Y/n)!", I yelled as I saw her get dragged into sea, n-no, she can't be, but I then saw a shiny object on the shore, I grabbed it, it was her ring. She dropped it, or did she throw it away, she doesn't love me, does she, I'll let her return to the kingdom which she came from, wherever her kingdom is.

Reader POV
Len pulled me into sea, I opened my eyes seeing all the kingdom of Atlantica, still beautiful, but then I opened my mouth, I can breathe, Len then brought me to the sea witch, "She's here, she wants to be a mermaid again", Len said for me. The sea witch, saw me, human and living in water, "Surprising to see you here, I'll change her back to a mermaid, but I need a price", she said, Len looked furious, "Give (Y/n) her life back, I'll be the one to give the price", he said, I got nervous, "Len, what are you-", "It's ok, I'll be fine", he assured me, the witch gave us a smirk, "I'll turn her to a mermaid first, then I'll get my price", she said, then all her magic surrounded me, I could feel, myself, swim, better, I looked down, I had my (f/c) tail back! She then looked at Len, her magic then surrounded him, "Len!", I tried saving him, but it's no use the magic's too strong, then the magic disappeared, I swam to him, he looked normal, really normal. "Len, are you alright, did something change?", I asked him, he looked at me and opened his mouth to speak, but, nothing came out. "You took his voice?", I asked the witch, she smirked and disappeared in thin air, "Len, I'm sorry I brought you into this mess", I said, hugging him, "Len, even if you can't speak nor sing anymore, I still love you", I said, I looked at him, he mouthed 'I love you too', then we shared a kiss, before heading back to Atlantica.

8 years later
"Mom?", asked my daughter, Mariel, as she swam up to me, "What happened to daddy's voice again?", she asked, I then looked disappointed, I looked at Len, who was listening to our conversation, "Mariel, it's best if we tell you when you grow older", I told her, she just smiled, "Alright mom", she said, swimming off to the kitchen for her lunch, with her yellow tail waving from behind. I stood up and swam to Len, "Len?", I asked, he turned, "I'm still sorry, I shouldn't have asked the witch to turn me into a human 18 years ago", I said, he just hugged me, mouthing 'It'll be alrig"ht" but you were sure that he just said something. "Len, say I love you", I said, he smiled, "I love you", he said, in surprised, "You can speak!", I said hugging him, then breaking the hug to look at his eyes, "But how?", I asked. "The sea witch died", I heard a voice behind us, father, "But how?", I asked, "Probably from old age, remember, she's still a mermaid, not immortal", he said, I hugged my father, he hugged back, I then went to Len and hugged him. I looked at him, my arms still around his shoulders, I then kissed him, he placed his hand around my waist and kissed back. "Mom, Dad!!", we heard a childish voice, we turned to see Mariel, "Hello Mariel", Len said, "Dad? You can talk?", she asked, "I can now", he said, Mariel swam and hugged the both of us, we were a happy family.

A/n:
This actually end the story better, I read the ending of the first part, and I regretted it, really bad, but this ending is better than the last one