Chapter One

[ Present Time ]
Pov- Sally

"Pass the butter." a sharp voice spoke from across the table.

"Please?" Another spoke, this one far deeper in structure.

"Butter. Now." The first voice repeated strengthening their voice.

A person with a faded black eyes and a similar recumbence to the video game character Link, passed the butter from across the table to the body of the first voice.

"Sally-." A female said aloud. "Do you know where you are?"

I move my head slowly in the motion of the word 'No'.

The female looked around the table. "I'm Natalie." she put her hand on her chest as she said the words aloud.

Natalie's face was torn, few stitches on her face around her lips. Her left eye a bright green and her other a small stop watch with no clock ticking. She had reddish/brown hair. It was just around her chest area.

She looked at me while I was scanning her. "Are you okay, Sally?" She asked confused with my facial expression.

I nod my head in the expression 'yes'.

"Listen then kid, this is your home. Learn everyone's names and you'll be alright here. I'm Jeff. We're all rough, and so are you. This is your family. Welcome." This boy Jeff interrupted with only taking few breathes. His face was much rougher than Natalie's. He's bleached leathery skin was a pale white, and around his eyes it was an ashy black colour. His hair was dark black and he had a smile shape carved around his lips, kind of like Natalie but way more open. He looked gross, but not horrible.

"Jeff!" Natalie yelled. "Seriously?"

"What?! She's gonna learn us one day, what's wrong with now?" Jeff responded

"Ugh!" Natalie groaned. "You ruin everything."

Jeff picked up a piece of bread the was on his plate and threw it sharply at Natalie, the piece of bread had butter on it. Hitting her, then sticking onto her forehead.

Her face was redder then a tomato in less then moment, and before Jeff could even laugh about what he had just done she had already thrown a large potato at his head. Knocking him flat out in his chair, making all the other people on this long table laugh. Including me.

"Settle down, settle down!" A tall man spoke getting up out of his chair.

The man didn't have a face, nothing. A light colour on where his cheeks would be but that's it. He wore all black, like a tux. And had eight long tentacles instead of arms.

"Children, clean up. BEN, you're on kitchen duty with Jane tonight. Everyone else go. Except for Natalie." He ordered. "Show Sally her room."

Everyone scuttled out, Jeff wiping potato splat off his forehead.

"Come with me." Natalie held out her hand for me to reach.

I held onto it gently her leading me into a hallway full of doors.