II - exploring

M A Y B E L L E

The cabin was cute, with flowery wallpaper and big windows. We could see the lake on one side and the main building on the other. Kim didn't seem impressed though. She glanced around the room and took a quick look at the bathroom before jumping onto the bed and burying her face in the mattress. I could hear her mumbling something about European five-star hotels.
"C'mon Kimmy, it's not that bad", I laughed "and it's just three weeks..."
"Ughhh" she grunted as she turned to face me. She tried to look angry but ended up laughing instead.
"Okay let's go look around or something", she said and got up. I grabbed my cardigan and followed her out. The sun was already hanging low on the sky but the air was warm and the grass felt soft under my white ballerina flats.
We stopped by the pavilion where Kim's aunts, Allie and Sarah were taking a dance lesson. They were dancing on a line, together with other guests while an energetic instructor showed them how to move. The instructor really caught my attention. She was a tall blonde with a flowy red dress and a warm smile. Everyone could tell she loved to dance, but there was still something sad in her eyes. I decided not to think about it and we went on with our little tour. Kimmy said she heard music from the main house so I checked my watch. "Yup, five to eight. Must be the entertainment", I said. Kim's whole family was probably already up there. "Keep exploring?" I said and looked at her. She nodded "Keep exploring!"
It was a little over ten when we decided to head back to the cabin. The resort wasn't bad at all, it had a lot of activities but most of them were either for little kids or grown-ups. We still had the lake and the big forest though, and we had seen some cute waiters in the restaurant earlier on the day. We had actually just rounded the corner of the restaurant and main house when I literally stumbled over a boy. And this wasn't just any boy...