Twenty-Seven

"Whilst he's quite dangerous despite being somewhat of an ally, why does it seem like everything is more at ease when Yuki is present?" Bianchi questioned. They all observed at some distance from the two who sat alone across from each other. At some point, Mukuro had changed into his true form, getting a comment from Yukina that he was now all grown up just like her. He shrugged that off with a dark grin. Not a single word could be heard due to Yukina setting up a barrier with her powers.

"You look like you've been having too much fun Mukuro. Isn't that putting a great toll on your real body?" Yukina inquired with her innocent cheerfulness – the attitude usually having a dark side behind it.

"That doesn't concern you, but my questions do regard that matter," Mukuro answered, "why did you try to break me out before you escaped yourself?" Yukina's expression showed confusion as she cocked her head to the side.

"You're the one that asked me to do it, didn't you?" she replied, tapping to her temple, "I heard your voice while running past you in that hallway. 'Release me' you said. So I tried. They caught up, so I had no choice but to get on my way again." Mukuro was thinking.

"I may have wished for something like that." He leaned back on the worn couch, crossing one leg over the other. "You were my only source of entertainment in that prison anyway. Slight curiosity drove me to that question."

"I'll let that one slide because I understand slightly how your mind works. Now, don't tell me that's all you have to say."

"What was that disturbance outside? If these eyes don't deceive me, that vehicle was thrown into the air."

"Oh... OOHHH..." Yukina had gasped, covering her mouth, "I had completely forgot that she's probably still in the area..."

"Biondo, if you decided to bring along one of those maniacal companions of yours_" The ground started to shake violently though Yukina and Mukuro managed to stay in their spot whilst everyone struggled. "Looks like we will continue this later..."

"As compensation for being entertainment back in Vendicare, how about helping me with this troublesome bugger?" Yukina suggested.

"Denied," he replied immediately. She pouted, snapping her fingers as the barrier was broken. At the same time, she summoned her guns. "Whatever it is your doing, please don't make a mess of this place. I'd like to use it for a while longer."

"No promises," she mocked, poking her tongue whilst she told everyone to go and flee outside. Forces suddenly pushed her down from above, Yukina forced down to one knee whilst everyone was now lying down and struggling to get up. "Show yourself Athena!"

"Ahahahah!" A dark portal appeared at a distance in front of Yukina, a female wearing a red hooded shawl over a normal white office shirt tucked into her black tights with pink stripes down the side of the leg sleeves. Her black boots clicked against the floor, her open parasol shading her pale skin from the sun. Her bloody-orange eyes stared down at her added with a malicious grin. "Shouldn't it be more like long time no see, Yukina?" Under the hood a few locks of greyish-blue hair escaped.

The girl in front of Yukina emanated a real threatening aura as everyone was seemingly pushed to the ground and unable to move. Was this what she meant by being able to control space? Athena had closed up her parasol, lowering it to raise Yukina's head up by her chin.

"Now isn't this a sad position for you to be in? Don't tell me this is all you will fight with, Yukina~," she coaxed. Yukina swatted the mechanism away and stood up forcefully.

"At least consult with me first before putting on a handicap, Athena." She glared with a roaring anger, quickly aiming her gun at the other girl. "Let them go, now." Yukina wasn't the only one with her weapon pointed – Athena had the barrel in disguise pointed at her chest.