Prologue- Exchange

(Faraldo Yukina)

Faraldo Yukina stared out the window to the tarmac.

“Miss, are you sure you’ll be alright by yourself?” her butler asked. Yukina continued to stare out.

“It’s only for a month Pablo,” she sighed, then held up the transfer files, “but all the way to Japan? I never thought I’d see the day.”

“You’ll be attending Namimori Middle School as an exchange student,” Pablo stated, reading through the second set of files, “but why this school? Maybe something with much better accommodation_”

“I’ve told you before, haven’t I?” Yukina spoke sharply, and looked back at the butler. A dark look on her face. “People are different, far and wide. That’s the same as countries and houses. I’ll be visitting a whole new culture. No point in learning about it if I am practically treated the same as I was at home.”

“Pardon me then, miss,” Pablo said after a pause. Yukina turned back to the window.

People are different. That was one of her mother’s teachings. People started bustling about now as they headed towards the entry of the plane Yukina had to take.

“Don’t worry about me Pablo. Just look after father for me,” Yukina told him, smiling a bit sadly.

“I’ll await anxiously for your return then.” He bowed deeply as Yukina took her luggage and walked away.

“30 minutes until the plane lands in Japan,” the captain’s voice said through the speaker. Yukina lay her book down in her lap and stared out the window. She could only see the clouds and blue still, but still it was a nice sight.

Japan better be more pleasant than home… she thought to herself while leaning back in her chair. Again, she was spoiled even while travelling. She spent the first class flight alone, and with no one to share much of her thoughts with, it was even more miserable than she thought.

“I’m wondering if I really will be fine going alone…” she mumbled to herself. Yukina decided to shut her eyes, fantasizing about the new country she will be in.

(Gokudera Hayato)

“Nice work, 10th!” Gokudera Hayato cheered as Sawada Tsunayoshi carefully put a baby bird back in its nest. “Now, just climb down slowly the way you came up!”

“Gokudera-kun…” Tsunayoshi sighed, “that’s easier said than done.”

“Need some help Tsuna?” Yamamoto Takeshi asked. Gokudera clicked his tongue. He put his fists on his hips proudly.

“The 10th doesn’t need help! He is perfectly capable of doing such simple tasks as these!” he stated. Takeshi laughed.

“I see. Keep going then, Tsuna!”

“You too Yamamoto?” Tsunayoshi exclaimed. His foot suddenly slid off one of the branches and Tsunayoshi lost his balance and fell.

“10th!” Tsunayoshi landed solidly on his back on the concrete as Hayato and Takeshi immediately went over to help him.

“Ow ow ow…” Tsunayoshi said, rubbing the back of his head. Hayato immediately offered his hand to help him up.

“Are you alright 10th?!” he exclaimed.

“Yeah, somehow…” He took Hayato’s offered and hauled himself up.

“That’s Tsuna for ya! Able to handle anything!” Takeshi laughed.

“Of course! The 10th could do many great things!” Hayato stated. Tsunayoshi did nothing but sigh again. Then he remember something.

“Oh no! We’ll be late for school if we don’t hurry!” he exclaimed.  He started running in the direction of the school.