Mr. Rarewicks's decision

All the sponsors took their time walking in one by one as I scurried to serve them their tea. 

Little did they take notice of me as one by one few girls were sent off to madame Claire bottom's room to be sent off, excited.

I gasped as old Mr. wheesleywick took Laura as a student. 

He couldn't. If he took Laura i would be all alone. A tear slid up to my eyes but i choked back my sob. 

Perhaps there was still hope for me! Maybe someone would notice and choose me. 

Soon the last and most important financial sponsor walked in. 

His name was Mr. Rarewicks. He was Mr. Wheesleywick's brother. 

He called upon the rest of the girls. He saw me scurry past, handing him his tea and then halted me with a silent hand. 

"You must be a foundling here too, right?" He queried. 

I nodded silently. 

"I seem to like you well enough. Name?" He asked.

"I'm Cora. Cora Thompson." I replied curtly. 

"you're quite the sweet young lady!" Mr. Rarewicks joked lightly.

Hearing the sign of a great humor, Cora opened her mouth into a wide grin.

The old man cracked and began to laugh. 

"You're a funny little lassie, aren't you?" Mr. Rarewicks asked. It was quite the RARE to see Mr. Rarewicks smiling so brightly  for her was quite the self centered. 

"Miss Nora. I suppose you wouldn't mind if I take this task upon myself to educate this young girl? She seems quite the literate and shall do good in studies and she indeed is quite the witty young girl." Mr. Rarewicks complimented.

"Oh why thank you!" I gasped, hardly able to contain my excitement. 

Mrs. Bottom ushered me unhappily to her little office. 

"It seems Mr. Rarewicks fancies you, Cora but I'm truly unhappy that we couldn't have you stay longer to work here." She said.

"Not today, granny!" You snickered.

"Dear me Cora! No matter whether you leave here or not, you shan't speak to your elders in such an unruly manner. If Mr. Rarewicks ever sees to this behaviour, i'll have him know that he can send you to an orphanage for the older girls."

I gulped. Anything but that. 

I would have to be a real good girl....