Lies, Strength, and Happiness

The weeks following, Sirius had begun to notice a change in Perci. She would stay locked in her room for hours for some days, and others she would be out and about around the house, helping Molly cook or clean. Sirius had noticed her appetite was bigger and her bony structure became more muscled. Her eyes held a energetic aura and her smile was a big as Sirius had seen it. Sirius could feel she was becoming more and more like her old self.

Winter was quickly approaching and Harry's letters had become more and more detailed. He talked about how Umbridge was gaining more power at Hogwarts. It was only about a week from when the school usually let out for Christmas and Sirius couldn't wait to see his godson again. Sirius had already gotten him a present and one day he decided to include Perci in this gift.

Sirius climbed the old wooden stairs up to the attic where Perci had taken to living in with Buckbeak. He knocked and waited patiently, something that was difficult for him, for Perci to open it up. He waited for a few seconds before knocking again with a slight frown. Still, no answer. "Perci?" He asked. "Are you okay in there?" Sirius was met with silence. He tried the door knob, but it was locked. Maybe she was sleeping, Sirius thought. Or maybe she's choking and dying, he thought again. With that image running through his brain he pulled out his wand and spoke, "Alohamora." The lock clicked and Sirius pushed open the door. Sirius trudged through the small room, looking in every creek and crevice. All Sirius found was a slightly opened window and red, orange, and yellow feathers on the floor.

----

"Stubefy!"

"Stubefy!"

"Stubefy!" They shouted back and forth as the death eater dummy spun from person to person. "Expelliarmus!"

"Expelliarmus!"

"Reducto!" Ginny yelled and the dummy burst into black dust. Harry grinned and clapped for them.

"Good! Now on to dueling!" Harry gathered them around a long stage like the one Harry faced Draco on in his second year. "Hermione, Ron, you guys first."

Ron grinned triumphantly and trodded up to the witch. "Don't worry, I'll go easy on you." He whispered.

Hermione gritted her teeth but gave him a tight smile. "Thank you Ronald." Ron walked to his side and Hermione went to her end. Perci smirked up at George. "Three pounds on Hermione." George grinned.

"You're on." He whispered.

Ron opened his mouth and raised his wand, but Hermione had already cast Stubefy. Ron was against the wall with his wand on the other side of the Room of Requirements in a matter of seconds. The girls burst out laughing and crowded Hermione in a giggling fit. Ron limped over to his brothers and Perci with a sheepish look. "I let her do that." George scowled at him and dropped the money into Perci's awaiting hand. Each member of the army got up on the platform and dueled someone. They did that for hours until everyone had gone at least twice. Harry watched as "his pupils" laughed and practiced with a smile. They were getting better and better with each session and many of them had improved. Even Neville won one of his duels. It pained Harry to have to leave them for a few weeks.

"Now that's it for this lesson. We aren't going to be meeting again until after the holidays." Many of them groaned as Harry said this. "Just keep practicing and well done everyone." Harry finished. The mixed group of wizards and witches clapped for Harry.

Ron elbowed him. "Great job, mate."

Harry's smile grew. "Thanks." He said, watching Cho Chang slowly drift off to the side. Harry quickly said goodbye to everyone, before he made his way over to her. Fred and George stepped in front of them.