Prologue

If I had 20 total fingers, now that would be a miracle. I could flip off these jerks two more times than normal and be on my way, but of course that wasn't possible. The bright sun was shining hard in my eyes, forcing its way through my sun glasses as if my eyes were it's son being held hostage. I shifted my feet, black converse rubbing against the rocky tar, just enough to face the jerkoid who thought he was way better than me, and took a step forward. He flinched at this, obviously not expecting it.
"Now, cupcake, don't get to ahead of yourself. You are just a girl." The first guy said, blue eyes sparkling like the moon. This took me off guard, considering how scared they looked when I took a step. And as I do recall, they were the one getting at me in the first place. How do you say, 'Sexist pig'?
   "Oh, am I? Wow, I couldn't remember! Thanks for reminding me!" I say, sarcasm practically bleeding out of my mouth. I took another loud step forward, making them jump backwards and landing on a sewer lid with a huge CLANK! I sighed. Sadly, the only way to deal with cat-calling was this. But again, I wonder why I make them stop. All of my friends hate me, all of the boys turn me down for some other girl, some other person. It's always the same, too. They say, "Oh...I have a thing with...a thing.." or the guys who don't sugar coat it, just say it as it is:
"No! Your a freaking nobody. But no offense." As if that made any difference. But now's not the time to think of the intense crap I go through.
"Now you jerks better move your asses right now, or crap is going to get real. We clear?" I was almost scared of myself with the menacing tone I used to make them leave. At first they stared, obviously terrified of me. I took a step forward, and they bolted. Man, it feels good. Smiling, I yelled "Hey! Why're you guys running? I am just a girl, right?"