Duo Amore

We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.  -Unknown

ADALINE'S P.O.V:

Marc and I don't talk much on our way home. He's quite observing. I like that. However, as we reach my house, Manu is already perched in the front porch, arms folded, along with Joshua Kimmich, who smiles amusingly. I freeze and hold Marc's hand.

"Hold on." I whisper and brace myself for the taunts and howls. Manu stares blankly at Marc, his arms still folded. Marc offers him a crooked smile. The other goalkeeper just narrows his eyes and turns away coldly. What the hell, I thought they were friends...? Out of nowhere, Joshua grabs my shoulders and extends my hands to Marc and like a puppeteer, he says in a high pitched tone, "Oh Marc Andre, oh oh! Come hug me and cuddle me all night long!" His voice sounds embarrassing. My cheeks turn bright red and I shove the German inside. "Shut up Joshua." I growl, clenching my fists. The younger player laughs and skips inside. Manu caresses my back slightly, offering me a soft look and walks inside. I shiver.

Marc walks up to me, clearing his throat. I turn to him. "God, Manuel hates me." he grouses, lowering his eyes. Wow, he doesn't get much credit indeed, but a gentle reminder is that he once scored two own goals. I resist the urge of slamming my forehead to the door and take his hand.

"Aw Marc, don't feel so bad about it. He's quite egocentric, and you know him. He's kind of... full of himself. Not my type." I soothe, cracking a smile. Marc chuckles. He stiffens up and furrows his eyebrows like a soldier.

"Arrg, I'm Manuel Neuer, and I like to think I'm best when Messi's not around." He says in a growly voice. I laugh and shove him gently. "Careful, you might catch a cold if he ever looks at you in the eye, Adi." Marc says, affectionately rubbing his knuckles on my cheeks. I laugh and pretend to be frozen.

Suddenly, the front door opens. Thomas and Manu stand there, glowering at poor Marc. Thomas tosses a spiteful glare at Marc, who looks away guiltily. That's it! I step in front of Marc defensively and puff my chest slightly.

"Leave him alone." I try to say bravely. Thomas laughs darkly and gives me a stern look. Manu, sensing something steps between us and tosses us both scolding stares. My brother and I cool down.

"Why should we let him in? To let him score more own goals?" Thomas mutters snidely, his arms crossed. I shove Manu crossly away and poke Thomas's chest sharply.

"You be quiet. Excuse me, but who was that who stopped a penalty of yours?" I retort, my gaze drilling int his. Thomas, wounded, gives me a look staring into the depths of my soul. I soften a bit, and place a hand on my brother's shoulder.

"I-I'm sorry. I just want you all to get along, no rancor and remorse. Please." I say pleadingly, looking at the boys. Manu hesitates but offers a kind smile at Marc and I. Joshua, ashamed, lowers his face, but gives us a smile. Thomas, narrowing his eyes, his arms still folded, nods curtly.

"Fine. I'll try." He murmurs, nodding shortly again and walking inside. Manu and Joshua follow wordlessly. Marc and I exchange amused glances and smile excitedly. He raises a hand and we high five. God, these days will be quite fun with Marc around. But I start feeling my cheeks tinge pink.

MARC'S P.O.V:

As I get in the vast Müller residence, Adaline holds my hand and walks me up the staircase. Their house is big, but not a mansion. Cozy and warm though, despite the harsh cold outside. In Germany, winter is too bitter, the wind howls through windows and heavy blizzards can almost occur. When we arrive, Adaline opens her room's door and shows me around.

It's a normal-sized bedroom, a walk-in closet, a soft queen-sized bed, a Victorian nightstand where a lovely cake stood. Pretty much in Adi's room is vintage, so is her wardrobe, she wears an old fashioned beige scarf and a dark brown trench coat. She looks... good. The style suits her.

"So, this here is my room. But since I like doing things for fun, let's camp outside!" Adaline chimes, her grayish-blue eyes twinkling excitedly. I portray a big smile and laugh.
"That sounds great, Adi. Let's pack." I say, daring to take her hands. Adaline smiles brightly, a row of perfect, pearly white teeth shone as she grinned. She bounds to her closet and pulls out a portable camping tent, and stuffs it into an Adidas knapsack she has, as well as two blankets and rushes down to the kitchen to get a lighter and a few snacks.

She comes back, panting, and offers me a kind smile. "Done. I. Packed. Necessary. Things." She huffs, leaning on to her door frame.
I chuckle and take the knapsack from her small hands.
"I can carry it for you, but we should go out at 6. That's when the first star appears." I remark, my astronomical knowledge... pretty useless at the moment, I decide to keep the interesting facts for when we go outside. Adaline smiles sweetly.
"That sounds good, but it's almost past two o' clock. We should wait, would you like to go for a more relaxed walk?" Adi suggests, her porcelain skin a shade of lovely pink.
"Sure. C'mon." I answer, placing a hand on her small shoulders. She softens, letting my hands loosen.
We trot down the staircase and walk past Thomas, who stares at us blankly, but continues his way. The other Germans are still sitting in the dining table, examining Adaline and I.
Manu chuckles and waves slightly.
Adi waves back, flashing a thumbs up. I smile curtly and walk out of the house into the woods.

Next to the forest, there's this camping site, well, more like a small hill surrounded by trees with a perfect scenery, the mountains.
Well, that's what Adaline told me.
"I love going out on walks." Adaline comments, placing her delicate hands on her back, raising her head

I light up. "Me too, kind of relaxes me. I like it." I muse, looking at the sky as well.
Adaline smiles and turns her head at me. Her eyes sparkle mischievously as she stops dead and grabs my hands.

"We should play a prank on Thomas." She says, giggling. I, surprised, smile nervously and place a hand on the back of my neck.

"Uh, I don't... Really think that's a good idea, Adi..." I comment, looking around anxiously. Adaline scoffs and takes my other hand. "It'll be fun, Marc, don't be such a spoilsport. " She presses, throwing a reproachful look at me. I roll my eyes slightly.

"Let's get going, shall we?" I cut in gently, winking at her. She sulks, but raises her head and grins solemnly. "Okay, let's go." Adaline chimes, walking next to me closely. Her perfume smells sweet, like roses. I smile fondly at her. I think I just met her, but I feel we've known each other for years.