Chapter 5

The knife slices down through the air, and you choke on a cry, waiting for the pain to course through your body. Your eyes clenched shut, you felt your arm vibrate with intensity as the knife sinks into something hard.

But you felt nothing except for Sam's arms around you, and you let out a strangled cry, hoping he didn't sacrifice himself for you.

Your eyes slowly trailing down, you sighed in relief as you see the knife protruding from the spell book, and not Sam's body. Sam is standing behind you, using both hands to fight against the force that was pushing the knife farther towards you. You feel the vibrations running through his arms, as it takes all his strength to hold the book up, and not let the protruding tip of the knife slice into your skin.

"Damn it Dean, finish her already!" Sam yells.

Still fighting against the urge to kill yourself, you notice Dean with his arms wrapped around the witch, effectively trapping her.

"Are you sure Sam? Maybe we should tie her up until we can fix Y/N." Dean reasoned, but Sam was losing the battle, and the the tip of the knife that had made it through the book was now pricking your shirt. Sam couldn't tell, you were still invisible to him, but he knew it wasn't too much longer before he lost control of the book.

"Do it!" He yells, and Dean stuffs the foul smelling mixture into her mouth. Her body starts shaking, as if she was having a seizure, before a blue gooey substance started pouring from her mouth. Dean let's go of her then, and she falls to the ground, her robe falling around her, as she started smoking, her skin falling off in chunks.

If you hadn't been so busy fighting against the spell, you would have been sickened by the gruesome display in front of you. As she crumbles into a pile in front of you, your arm suddenly relaxes, and you and Sam both tumble to the ground.

You grunt in pain, as the 6'4" hunter lands on top of you, knocking the air out of you.

"Y/N, it worked! Killing the witch broke the spell, I can see you again!" Sam said, a little too loudly, next to your ear. He pulls his long frame up and off of you, before offering you his hand. You start to take it, but the sudden moment makes you double over in pain.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Sam asks, concerned, and Dean comes over to stand next to him. Crouching down, Sam gently rolls you over, noticing the book moved with you.

"Damn it!" Sam cusses. "She must have fallen on the book when we lost our balance."

Dean shrugs. "So what? It's not like a book will hurt too much."

Sam points, showing the handle of the knife still protruding from the book, however not as much as before. "The knife was in the book! Our fall pushed the knife deeper into the book, then into Y/N!"

You lay there, ignoring the rest of their conversation, as your chest was burning with pain. Moaning Sam's name, you reach your hand up, but it drops limply to your side, as the pain takes over, pulling you into darkness.

------------------------------------------

The pain was the first thing you registered as you tried to wake up. A stinging sensation on your kneck, along with a deep throbbing ache on your chest. Your feet ached, and you felt as if you had just walked across a fire pit.

Your mouth felt like it was full of cotton, and you opened your eyes, hoping to notice a glass of water next to wherever you were. Once your eyes became accustomed to the blaring light overhead, you slowly turned your head, disappointed that the nightstand next to you was empty.

"Your awake!" Sam's voice boomed in the otherwise empty room. He moved into your line of vision, and you were glad to see a glass of water in his hand. He helps you to a sitting position, his eyes clouded with guilt and concern as he helped you take a sip of water.

"How do you feel?"

"Like a truck ran over me. Either that, or a mummy, with my feet being wrapped up."

He laughed at your last comment, before setting the water glass down. "After Dean killed the witch, we both lost our balance and fell, you landing on the knife. Thank goodness the book stopped it from going all the way in, but it still did quite a bit of damage. You've been out for a couple of days."

"Only I would fall on the knife I tried to stop myself from stabbing myself with. Wait, did that even make any sense?" You said, knowing how weird of a situation it was.

"Weirdly enough it did. Now promise me, you won't go on any more hunts by yourself. Seeing you like that, was the most scared I've ever been. Why don't you just move into the bunker with Dean and I, you can hunt with us." Sam told you, glancing down at his hands.

"Just hunting partners?" You asked, a little disappointed. At least they were finally letting you move into the bunker, but you had been wishing for a little more.

"And more, if you're okay with that?" Sam asked.

"Definitely more!" You replied happily, causing Sam to break out into one of the brightest smiles you had ever seen, and you knew that even though this had been the worst hunt ever, it ended surprisingly well.