one

"GOD DAMMIT MICHAEL! CAN'T YOU BE NICE FOR ONE FUCKING SECOND? WHY ARE YOU SUCH AN ASSHOLE?" I scream at my boyfriend once we walk into our flat that we share.

"YOU KNOW WHAT EMILY? IM SO FUCKING TIRED OF TRYING TO CHANGE FOR YOU!  WHY CANT YOU ACCEPT THAT I AM JUST NOT A NICE PERSON?" He yells back causing me to flinch. I could already tell that this was going to be the biggest fight we have ever had in the 2 years that we have known each other. 

"You are so nice around me Michael why can't you show that niceness to everyone else!?  It's so embarrassing when you are an asshole to everyone all the time!" I put my purse down on the counter, walking to the cupboard to get a glass.  "Nobody wants to hang out with us because you don't even try to be interested in our friends!" I start to raise my voice as I fill my glass with water.

"I'm not interested in them!  I hate people! I wish it could just be you and I, why do we need other people Emily!"

By now I am so pissed off I even surprise myself. I smash the glass against the wall out of anger. "OKAY MICHAEL I GET IT! I WOULD BE FINE WITH IT IF IT WAS JUST FRIENDS, SOMETIMES I DONT LIKE PEOPLE EITHER! BUT THEY ARE MY FAMILY MICHAEL! AND THEY HATE YOU!" Some tears fall from my eyes as I lower my voice, "and I hate that they hate you because I love you so much."

"I CAN'T STAND YOUR FAMILY EMILY! ALL THEY DO IS JUDGE ME! I don't think you know how fucking hard it is to be like me around people like your parents."

Anger rises in me even more.  "What the fuck do you mean people like my parents?" I snap as I walk closer towards Michael.

"You know what I mean.  Stuck up snobs who expect perfection out of everybody. And y'know? The apple doesn't fall very far from the tree."

I raise my hand without even thinking and I hear a sharp slap. My hand stings.  Michaels eyes grow dark as he brings his hand up. I brace for the slap, waiting for the sting on my cheek. But when I open my eyes Michael has closed his hand into a fist and put it at his side.  "I'm leaving Michael. And I don't know if I'm coming back."

"No, Emily wait. Please!"  Michael chases me down the hall to our bedroom, trying to convince me to stay so we can work it out. I pack a few of my things and walk out the front door. After taking a deep breath I hear a thud and I immediately recognize that sound.

Michael had punched yet another hole in the wall.

-------

I know it's really short but I just wanted to get it started! Woo

Kyla