Elizabeth Moves In

This is how I picture Ryan. He's cute, don't you just hate how cute guys act like asses!!

After the game it's cold outside. I have a short-sleeve shirt on with some pants, but I'm usually in the house by this time it's past ten.

Elijah and I start walking to the parking lot, since the guys ditched me when the game was over.

"What did you think of the game?"

"It was great!" I tell him.

I really did enjoy it. Elijah only struck out once. He swings like his life depends on it.

"You swing, like-"

"My life depends on it." He chuckles. "I've heard that before."

Beatrice pulls up and hands me Deja. Beatrice however doesn't look alright.

"Is everything alright?" Elijah asks.

Beatrice looks at him blankly for a few more seconds then turns to me. "I'm inviting Ryan over for breakfast tomorrow."

I open my mouth, but then she gives me the most hurtful glare.

"I know what I'm doing. Just take Deja home. I need to go do some things."

I nod and she drives off.

"Do you have your car?" I ask.

He nods and guides us to it.

We get in and he takes off.

"Eliza?"

"Yes?" I answer, knowing this must be serious if he's using my first name.

"Why did you let her dump her kid on you?"

"Because she's my friend." I answer.

He nods. "I get that. But don't let her walk all over you, Eliza. You're too beautiful to be a sidekick."

I blush widely. "Thanks Elijah."

He smirks. "You're cute when you blush."

"How does your girlfriend feel about you being so nice to me and giving me these compliments."

"What girlfriend?" He scoffs.

"You was making out with a whore against Beatrice's car, remember? The girl was all over your lap when I saw you in class."

"Veronica, is just a girl. Nothing special." He assures.

A weird feeling washes over me. I feel more relaxed now and yet disgusted. If she wasn't special then why was he entertaining her. I roll my eyes. I refuse to try to break down his actions and find Logic.

"Can we swing by the hospital?"

"For?"

"Elizabeth. She should be able to come home now."

"You don't think that'll be weird?"

"I'm hoping it will."

Elijah smirks and heads towards the hospital. "It's sexy when you try to be evil."

I swat his arm and laugh.

He turns on the radio and my fucking song comes on.

"Oh shit! Princess, is rapping to Drake!" Elijah announces shocked.

I smile and continue rap to the beat of the song.

"My ghetto princess."

I blush and we pull up to the hospital.

Elijah comes in with me. Even though, I encouraged him not to.

The doctors roll Elizabeth out in a wheelchair. The nurse gives me a thankful nod. I guess she was giving them a hard time.