Chapter 3

I have gym with Donna, Charlotte, Greg, Andre, Nancy, and Rosalie. I hate that I have to change out of my dress.

"Yo, Charlotte! Hold up! Hold up!" said Bumpty.

Who names their kid Bumpty? Charlotte turned.

"Question! How'd you like to spend the first night of summer with the hardcore up and commer (is that right?)" said Bumpty

"What does that mean?" whispered Charlotte.

"I think he's asking you out." whispered Donna.

"He is?" whispered Charlotte.

"Yeah." smiled Rosalie.

"At least you're being asked out." I whispered.

"You are?" asked Charlotte.

"I don't make stuff up." said Bumpty.

"Well, can Donna come?" said Charlotte.

"3's a crowd McCloud! No, he didn't. Yes, he did!" said Bumpty.

"Well, damn Bumpty!" I said.

"Greg is staring at you..." whispered Rosalie.

I turned to look. Rosalie jumped in front of me.

"No! You don't do that!" said Rosalie.

"It's okay, Charlotte! It's a date. Your first date! Just you two!" smiled Donna.

Charlotte waved and we went to play some basketball.

"Hey, Bumpty! You think just because it's the last day of school, you can sit and socialize the entire period?" asked the gym teacher.

"I don't think about stuff like that, lady shorts!" said Bumpty.

"Well can you think fast?" He said as he threw a dodgeball.

Bumpty fell off the bleachers. Rosalie, Donna, and I started snickering.

"Who wants to watch me climb a rope?" He said.

He lifted himself up. His butt cheeks were hanging out. I gagged.

"Yo! He's gotta put those Easter eggs back in the basket! Dang!" We heard Bumpty say.

We laughed. Greg and Andre were playing basketball. The ball bounced towards me. I grabbed it.

"Do you wanna play?" asked Andre.

I smirked and ran, dribbled the ball. Greg tried blocking me. I moved past him and I jumped with the ball. I slammed it into the net.

I let go and fell on Greg. I gasped and got off. I ran to the locker room. I got dressed for my next class. Rosalie, Donna, and Charlotte came into the locker room.

"That was amazing!" said Donna.

"I'm not gonna lie but it felt pretty damn good to be in his arms." I said as I pulled on my heels.

"He was shocked!" said Charlotte.

"Not shocked...amazed! Dazed! In a trance! How you do that?" said Rosalie.

"My dad played basketball and he taught me. I'm going for the team next year!" I smiled.

"Awesome! I'm going to join!" said Donna.

"Me, too!" smiled Charlotte.

"Me, three!" giggled Rosalie.

My next class doesn't have Greg in it. Let's fast forward. We went to the last class of the day.

"Summer." I whispered as I looked at my phone.

3:25. Rosalie was basically jumping up and down in her seat. I giggled. The announcements came on.

"And so we've reached the end of another...school year. Fruit Loop?" said the principal.

Rosalie and I looked at each other. We giggled.

"10 months of learning, growth, and yes, hopefully, a little bit of fun! The journey we began together in September does not end today! Our education is a process that does not begin and end-" He said as the bell interrupted him.

I grabbed my bag and we went out the classroom.

"Please let me finish! Return to your seats!" He said.

Rosalie and I ran to get Donna and Charlotte.

"How you doing sophomore?" smiled Donna.

"Not bad, sophomore!" giggled Donna.

They hugged. I'm finally a senior. I hugged Donna and Charlotte. They hugged Rosalie. I saw Keithie. He was smiling but his smile faded. He pretended to be a statue. A huge guy came walking up. I totally understand why he's acting like that.

"Hey, you're not a statue...you're an asstatue." He laughed.

"That doesn't even make any sense." said Charlotte.

"Shut up!" He yelled.

He hit Keithie's stuff out of his hands. I gotta say something.

"What? What? What?" He yelled in Keithie's ear.

"Nothing! Nothing! Nothing!" mumbled Keithie.

"Oh, Keithie..." whispered Donna.

"Hey, you! Jerk, wearing camo!" I yelled.
Keithie ran behind me.

"What?" He asked

"Pick on someone your own size!" I said.

"Juliana! Stop." whispered Rosalie.

"What if I pick on you?" He said as he walked towards me.

"I'm not your size, sister." I said as Keithie gripped my arm

"I'm going to get you...and your friends!" He said.

I gulped as Donna hid her face into my hair.

"Bring it!" I said.

He chuckled and walked away.

"Juliana! What the fuck?" said Rosalie.

"Keithie one of the people I deeply care about...I'll do the same for you guys!" I smiled.

They smiled and hugged me. We walked out of the school.

"Can we go to the swimming hole mom talked about." said Donna.

"The one not too far from here?" asked Keithie.

"Yeah!" I said.

"My mom used to swim there!" smiled Charlotte.

"Yes! Let's go!" smiled Rosalie.

"I let you guys call your parents and tell them your hanging out with me." I said.

"My dad knows you so he won't mind." said Keithie.

I saw Greg and Andre. They walked up to Braden. We were right next to them.

"What's up, man?" asked Andre.

"Is your dad picking you up?" asked Greg.

"Uh...I don't know. I told him it'll be cool if he stayed late at the soup kitchen...so it's on me." said Braden.

Higgins? Soup Kitchen? Did he lie to his son?

"Well, you can come with us if you want. Greg will drive you." said Andre.

"How about we do something fun? How about we do something we're not suppose to?" asked Braden.

They walked off. We looked at each other.

"Okay! We'll follow them! Come put your stuff in my car. I got to change my shoes." I said.

We ran to my car and put our stuff in it. I pulled on my flats. I locked my car and we followed Greg, Andre, and Braden.