Chapter 5

After a hard scolding from Cinnamon Bun for being away from the ball for over an hour, Flame Princess spent the rest of the evening dancing away with multitudes of different males.

Finn kept his distance, but every once in awhile, the two would exchange smiles. He was feeling secure in his emotions. After years of hoping, he knew they would finally be getting back together. All he needed was one date to solidify that.

As the night ended, Flame Princess said goodnight to all of her party guests. Finn began leaving the kingdom and stopped in front of the princess.

"Goodnight, FP. I look forward to our date. I'll call you." He grinned and waltzed out the door.

Once everyone was gone, Flame Princess flung her tired self onto her throne.

"Princess, what were you doing with Finn? I thought you didn't have feelings for him anymore? There were plenty of other eligible bachelors here." Cinnamon Bun scolded. "Remember what happened last time with Finn."

Flame Princess was still spinning from her kiss with Finn. The whole night made her feel incredible, but nothing helped fill the void in her heart more than her time spent with the human. She was not in the mood to defend herself.

"I don't know what my feelings are, CB. Things have certainly...CHANGED over the years. I'm not discounting anyone else but something with Finn was different. I felt...I don't know...complete."

Cinnamon Bun softened up. "If that's how you really feel. But I can't say I approve, yet. I'll be there to help you if anything goes wrong. Goodnight, princess." The candy man excused himself from her room.

The kiss burned inside her memory. The way their bodies molded into one, the way his hands roamed her body: every detail replayed in her memory like a movie. The feeling of physical intimacy was unlike anything she had ever felt and she thirsted for more. She couldn't wait to hear from Finn and attend their date.

But something tugged at her mind. Were these feelings of a long lost love? Or was she feeling lust for the first time? She felt selfish but she didn't want to stop. At least not until she could figure it out for herself. She fell asleep easily that night, consumed by her dreams of romance.

Within the next few days, Finn was quick to call the princess. He decided to take her to a movie and dinner for their date. The princess primped herself as best as she could, excited to feel Finn's skin once again.

She wrapped her hot locks into a tight bun on top of her head-she wasn't going to light anything on fire this time. She wore a short, orange and pink dress, complete with an open back. She felt sexy and ready to explore these newfound feelings.

She met Finn just outside the Fire Kingdom.

"Ready for a movie?" Finn lent out an arm for Flame Princess to take.

She strung her arm through his as they began to walk to the outdoor movie truck.

They sat together on a small hill. Many residents of Ooo joined them: Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig, Jake and Lady-even Princess Bubblegum had come out with Marceline. Flame Princess felt out of place as Finn chatted with his friends before the start of the film.

"Phoebe." Princess Bubblegum smirked.

"Bonnibel." Flame Princess returned. She still didn't trust or like Princess Bubblegum. Something about her always seemed a bit off. Plus Finn was in love with her for all those years. Maybe he still harbors feelings for her, too? A tinge of jealousy etched through FP's body.

As the movie began, Finn wrapped an arm around Flame Princess's waist, pulling her close to him. She felt his body pulse with each heartbeat. Her head began to pound. She no longer wanted to be in public at the movie. She wanted to be alone with Finn, somewhere, anywhere.

"Finn," she whispered, her mouth brushing his ear, "I'm kind of hungry. Do you mind if we nix the movie? We'd have the treehouse to ourselves. Could be more fun."

Finn looked at her perplexed. Didn't she want to enjoy a good film with him? But he couldn't say no to more alone time. That would give him more opportunities to get to know her again.

"Sure, let's head out."

By the time they reached the treehouse, Flame Princess was starving for Finn. Her head was spinning, her face flushed. Finn was talking but she wasn't listening to a word he was saying. She knew what she wanted from him tonight. Her guilt of potentially using Finn was greatly overshadowed by her desire to feel his body touch hers.

Finn shut the door of the home and Flame Princess pounced. She knotted her arms around Finn's neck, knocking him back as he held up her weight. She passionately kissed him, tearing his hat clear off of his head.

"Whoa whoa, FP, what's the rush?" Finn tried to push her off.

Flame Princess ignored Finn and began to tug at his shirt, feeling the muscle beneath the clothing. She pressed herself against him, and he stopped fighting her. Instead he shrugged and engulfed himself in her.

He broke their kiss with a gasp, "Follow me."

Finn grabbed a roll of foil and led Flame Princess to his bedroom. As she tried to tear at his clothes more, he placed the foil on her hair like a hat, to avoid any fires breaking out.

She ignored as worked on her hat and continued to kiss him, feeling each piece of his cool, muscular stomach. Finn stopped fiddling with her hair as she pushed him back onto his bed. They were entangled in one another, Flame Princess collapsing on top of him.

They spent the rest of the evening discovering every inch of each other's bodies until they were exhausted. Flame Princess was beaming, pleased with her evening. After things slowed down, she buried herself in Finn's chest as their breath pounded in-sync. Soon, his heart beat lulled her into a deep sleep.

Finn felt her go limp as she passed out in his arms. He smiled to himself. She was his. After all these years, he finally won her back over. He always loved her and now knew he always will. He clicked off the lamp by his bedside, and rested his head on her foiled-hair. He, too, slipped into a happy, satisfied sleep.

The next morning, however, wasn't as pleasant.