Chapter 2: The Bro Code

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Giselle!" Prince Edward flung himself into the Men's Locker Room. Dramatically he squeezed his heart. "She wants a date!"

The gentlemen of Disney World turned. Half were in costumes. Half were in towels. All stared at Prince Edward, utterly bemused.

"A date?" Prince Phillip smoothed his wet hair. "What's a date?"

Prince Edward huffed. Miserably, he laid a hand to his head.

"Oh...it's agony! AGony!"

Prince Edward swooned. The Disney princes gathered him onto the bench. Normally, they would not be so considerate. Prince Edward was rather melodramatic, second only to Emperor Kuzco. Prince Edward neither knew (nor cared) what melodramatic meant, but it defined him perfectly. And it was always annoying.

"Jesus." Jim Hawkins - the anti-Christ of melodrama - slouched against his locker. Darkly surveying Prince Edward, he braided his rattail. "What the Hell. It's just a date. Man the F up."

Peter Pan and Flynn Rider - both spotlight hogs - grinned at Jim.

"Okay Sissy." Peter ruffled his fiery hair until it fluffed like flames. "Just tie your ponytail."

"Guys!" Flynn snapped his towel before the teasing escalated. "Zip it, lock it, put it in your pockets! Ed's breaking down! If he cries, I'm going in for a selfie!"

Peter laughed. Very appreciative of Flynn's prank, he tossed Axe body spray into his locker. Then, reconsidering, he retrieved the spray and spritzed Jim.

"You don't know what a date is!" Peter goofed, ducking behind his locker. "Liar, liar pants on fire!"

Jim glared. "Morons." he muttered, exiting the locker room.

Undaunted, Peter shrugged. He consulted the clock. Two hours to midnight. Grinning, Peter began throwing on his clothes which - incidentally - were identical to his Disney World costume. Green, green, and more green.

Hurriedly, Peter stuffed on his moccasins. Tonight was Thursday night! He and Wendy didn't have evening performances on Thursdays. So every night they raced to see who could change the fastest. First one out of the locker room wins! Oddly enough, Wendy always won. Somehow Peter always got detained by the mirror.

"Okay Eddy." Adjusting his towel, Flynn knelt before Prince Edward. "Share with group. What's a date? And why does Giselle want one?"

"A date!" Prince Edward waved hopelessly. "A date - dear peasants-is a dreadful thing, from what I can surmise! Per my Giselle - ah Giselle. My dear Giselle. My beautiful lady. My heart's true desire. My other half...my one coquette..."

Prince Edward groped dreamily into the distance. He started to sing. "...the answer to my love's duet!"

"Ed!" Flynn smacked Prince Edward aside the head. "Focus! Date!"

"Oh. My pardons, dear peasant. Tis my folly that the mere mention of my lady Giselle renders me a-quiver and - "

"Well quit a-quivering." Flynn said. "And holy mamma, tell us what a freaking date is! Come on Ed! Spill the beans!"

"If..." Prince Edward inhaled, shoulders rising to his ears. Dramatically he released. "...you insist! Dear peasants! Royal comrades! And...other peasants. A date - per my beautiful Giselle - is an event. An event wherein a prince and his lady go someplace special. Dress nice. Eat dinner. Hold hands. Talk about themselves. Their likes. Their dislikes. Their interests. It is..."