CHAPTER EIGHT: Bayou Blues

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Chapter Song: Walking Backwards By Leagues
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

It's flush in the face desire

I wanna trade in the old for new

I was searching but not for you

I've been looking for a new emotion

I've been taken with a new emotion

I've been walking backwards

Oh confession it sets me free

I feel the friction of you and me

Fight back but it wins it wins

Set it loose but it starts again

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Chapter Eight: Bayou Blues
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

A RATHER INTOLERABLE WHINING drove myself to join Marcel to his request to meet in front of St. Anne's Church. I went to protest, although he told me it was important and I ought to be thrilled in it. Wether he said that so that I would come or it's quite true.

I sincerely doubt it would be the second one.

"Alright! I'm coming, is it that hard to stand?" I hiss at the phone, talking to Marcel.

"No, but it's very irritating to wait for a vampire who could just use her feet to run fast like a supernatural being,"

I grimace on his onwards stupidity, saying, "Oh, of course! How could I have forgotten that I could run a thousand times faster than a human being and expose our kind to the naive individuals walking around," I feign cheerfulness and countered with my usual sarcasm.

"Whatever, just get here as fast as you could," He says.

He ends the call curtly, however I stood in the middle of the street battling through my mind. Despite the mere fact that an original has awaken and may or may not be roaming around the Mikaelson Mansion at this very moment, I cease the crippling fear that has quite have a good hold of my throat since the happenings at the church. Funny how I was just about to get what I want, but I couldn't seem to oblige in that certain task, whilst I was occupied by the bizarre horrific feeling in which I shame myself for.

There awaits Marcel at the said meeting place with an infuriating special addition.

"If I just knew he was going to be here, believe me, I would've just ditched you." I say honestly, glaring at the hybrid who stood by Marcel, simply grinning at me.

"Good morning to you too, love."

I do not return Klaus' greeting and face Marcel instead.

"That is exactly why I didn't tell you," He responds "Now on to more important things,"

They both began to rudely walk away without saying anything, I stayed where I am and call, "Hey, where are we going, specifically?" I curiously ask, walking a bit closer to the pair.