CHAPTER TEN: Day Of Recollection

A/N: I won't bore you with my pointless excuses. So without further a do, I present to you, Chapter 10!

Don't Forget: Vote and Comment!  

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Chapter Song: UNSTOPPABLE
BY SIA
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

I'm unstoppable
I'm a Porsche with no brakes
I'm invincible
Yes I'll win every single game
I'm so powerful
I don't need batteries to play
I'm so confident
I'm unstoppable today

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
  CHAPTER TEN: Day Of Recollection
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

FOR A SPLIT MOMENT - it was as though time had stopped ticking and the hands ceased to move to do it's purpose. My pocketed hand trembles under the fabric of my jacket, the other still awkwardly outstretched and waiting for Elijah to take the phone in hand. I shake the device lightly to get his attention as I swung my legs, hitting the support pillars of the terrace. The look in his eye was so clear yet unreadable for anyone who had not known him long enough.

I don't actually count myself as one of those who understand him fully, but even if I as much want to bury him in the ocean and never see him again, just like everybody else, he has his own burdens.

"Niklaus didn't kill you," It wasn't a question, it was a direct statement. Firm and very much as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I hold back an eye roll and respond, "Maybe because he wanted you to be the one to kill me," His eyes shift to my smirking face, staring at me as if he had sheer and unplanned thoughts about ending my life. "What's the matter? I don't have anything that can kill your family's baby and Hayley, so technically you can kill me now because I'm practically useless to you. Isn't that right?" I was careful with my range of voice, not too much shout into but I still managed to somehow put a lot of authority and reality in it.

"Has it ever occurred to you that maybe you are the reason why your plans and barricades are being disrupted violently by your enemies?" I cannot begin to process what just came out of his noble ass mouth. He actually got the balls to say that!

I breath sharply, letting annoyed, anger boosted nerves stay intact in my body and not explode like an over-aired balloon to be wiped off the face of the earth. "Why yes Elijah, it definitely has," Although it was true, mockery and a bit of sarcasm can't help but crawl it's way up into my sentences.

"Of course it crossed my mind that it was my fault that you hate me and loathe me for what has happened - to you and your family," In that stare he is piercing into my eyes, all I see is the igniting rage building itself inside his mind and possibly his undead heart.

My blood boil in immense frustration, irritation and annoyance. I squint my eyes and begin to groan dramatically. The ire just snakes beyond my veins fast enough to fill my entire body in less than two seconds, then I'll just blow up.

"Do me a favor, for once in your life, stop thinking about everybody else's wrong doings and start contemplating on your own. Quit trying to make everyone better when you can't even see your own flaws. . . Because I realized that it was mostly your actions that led us to what we are right now," I hiss, releasing the weight that has been caving in my chest since I stepped foot in their residence.

He looks taken aback but managed to compose himself, though he anything, he just took the phone out of my hand and twirled it softly in his grasp, like he is thinking about something. He pressed his lips into a thin line before pursing them. I'm not sure what to do next because he looked like he isn't done yet. I don't know why, but I waited.