Chapter 1: Mavis and The Founders

Prologue

Mavis Vermillion, first master of Fairy Tail, studied the runes carefully, trying to calculate and figure out what they were supposed to do. She danced around one, and studied it a bit more closely with her green eyes. Then it began to glow. She stepped back, and into the center of the stones. Mavis felt the magic power radiate off of the stones, and then she was gone from the world of Earthland.

Earth

She opened her eyes slowly, her mind and body groggy. It took a few moments for Mavis to realize she wasn't in Earthland anymore, her mind remembering exactly what happened before she woke up. She clicked her tongue and looked around at her surroundings. There was a dark forest behind her and a giant castle in front of her. Mavis headed towards the castle.

She arrived at the castle, and looked around for any sign of life.

"Hello? Is anybody here?" Mavis called out. She headed around a corner, to have a stick pointed at her throat.

"Who are you?" The man asked.

"Mavis Vermillion, first master of Fairy Tail." Mavis stated proudly.

"Fairy Tail? What's Fairy Tail?" He asked.

"Fairy Tail is the number one guild in Fiore." Mavis stated. "What world is this?" she asked softly.

"Earth."

"I see. Those stones must have sent me to another world, like the Anima." Mavis mused.

"What world do you come from? I'm Godric. Godric Gryffindor." The man said.

"Earthland. I shall begin working on a way for me to get back, and I'm sure some of my guild will be here eventually. They shall have this mark somewhere on their bodies." Mavis said, as she lead Godric to where she woke. There were stones there as well.

"So you woke here?" He asked. Mavis nodded and touched a stone, and it began to glow.

"Here, take this. It'll allow you to send a message of help if you ever need it. Then have someone watch these stones. My guild will come." Mavis said, giving him a lacrima.

"I will take good care of it, Mavis Vermillion of Fairy Tail." Godric spoke.

"Goodbye Godric Gryffindor." Mavis said, and then she was gone in a flash of blue light.

Earthland

Mavis woke up to her guild mates calling her name.

"I'm fine. Just had a little adventure is all." Mavis said, smiling to herself. The Fairy Tactician passed down the lacrima to Earth to each guild master, and now it rested in the hands of Fairy Tail's third and sixth master, Makarov Dreyar.