Chapter 2

The bell rang signalling break time, Lauren once again rushing out the door, me following not long after, repeating the steps of yesterday.
I made my way to the tree she sat under.
"Lauren?" I asked quietly trying not to scare her this time.
She turned to face me, her mouth tense with annoyance.
"What do you want Cabello" she said arrogantly.
" I want to start again Lauren, I'm sorry I shouldn't have invaded your space like that or looked at anything that you didn't want me to see, I'm so sorry." I said emphasising every word.
" you're forgiven, I'm sorry Cabello it's just I'm insecure about those things and the fact that people don't keep to themselves it just makes me so angry"
She said frustrated.
" I'm sorry"
" anyway are we going to continue with yesterday.... Camz" she replied, did she just call me Camz, i could feel the butterflies again, I shook my head and pulled myself together, why was i even thinking of that anyway.

"Ok... Um, what's your favourite book?" I asked unsure.
"Um I don't really read but I like Paper Towns by John Green.
"You?"
I smiled and giggled under my breathe.
"Paper towns by john green."
Lauren smiled warmly.
"Well we have that in common"
I looked in her eyes for a few seconds before I forced myself to pull away.
"Umm.... Your favourite celebrity?"
I asked looking down at the ground.
"Ummm... I love Hayley from Paramore, oh and Matty from the 1975 , oh my god and Halsey."
I smiled at her enthusiasm and she laughed.
"Well do you want to maybe do something else?"
I asked slowly.
"Like?"
She smirked.
"I don't know?"
I whispered.
" what were you thinking.. Camz, are we gonna make out under this tree." She said seductively , my mind went wild, making out with Lauren. I felt a tingle between my thighs. Lauren burst out laughing, she snorted a bit.
"Geez, Cabello you seemed a bit uncomfortable there, relax I'm not gonna rape you." She said seriously.
I turned a bit and smiled, biting my lip.
"Okk... Let's talk about family than." I said.
Lauren's face dropped, she grabbed her phone out of her pocket and pretended to read a text message.
"I've got to go home." She said angrily.
She ran off and over the grass field to the car park before getting into her car and speeding off. Why did she leave, in school hours, maybe I hit a nerve.
I hit myself again.

-
-
The next day I approached Lauren in class, I slowly walked up to her, but before I got to close to her for her to notice I saw her legs, fresh cuts, my heart dropped and my stomach turned, the pink and red flesh was peaking out from underneath her skirt, I made my way up to her desk, Lauren's head was resting on her arms , her arms on the desk.
"Hey Lauren."  I said .
Her head shot up, her eyes were red and her mascara from yesterday smudged.
"Fuck off!" She said harshly.
Wow, I never thought that would hurt so much.
"I was just..." I said but I was cut off by.
" I said fuck off!" Lauren screamed, jumping from her chair and forcefully pushing me backwards, my head hitting the sharp wood of the desk in front of me, Lauren slammed the door as she stormed out of the classroom. I began to sob , the pain in my head was unbearable, I held my hand to the back of my head, it was soaked in blood. My teacher Ms. Krause knelt over me, she spoke words but I couldn't hear a word she said. I blacked out.