chapter 4

It's 2 weeks into these goddamn summer vacation and ive had sleepless night after sleepless night. I can't get the image of Lauren on her knees crying out of my head and i keep having nightmares of her taking her life, I don't know if she's okay or not and i feel like my dreams are warnings. Once again I am blaming this all on me, but i should be putting her feelings first, but how do i know what she's feeling. My fingers ache and my teeth are chattering, it is so cold in my room even though it is the middle of summer. I feel so dark inside, lifeless, is this how Lauren feels? Is she broken?

"Up and out of bed, we are going to the movies!" My mom yells at me, turning the light on, exposing my naked eye to the highly unfamiliar blasting light.

I whine for a while before i slump out of bed and practically drag myself to the shower, i turn the shower on and it cascades down my face, i don't even wait for it to warm up, I can barely feel anything either way. I rub away all the restless nights from my eyes and i feel a little awake once i exit the shower and get ready. I don't bother to do much with my appearance, i finger comb my hair into a fail of a messy bun and put on some shoes. When i make my desent down the Neverending staircase my eyes catch a glimpse of a tiny shimmering metal, barely in sight, but i notice that it is the razer i put in my pocket from laurens desk and i stop in my tracks. I rub my eyes, take a deep breath and pull my shit together, for mom.

The drive to the cinema is quiet, just the radio playing in the background.
"Hey princess, how are you feeling? You haven't been very lively these holidays and that's very unlike you." She said, with concern present in her tone.
Yeah mom, I'm great, just peachy, so there is this girl who i am basically head over heels for who treats me like shit, oh and did i mention that all my friends just ditched me this year for a more popular person, LIFE IS GREAT, nothing to worry about here.

" yeah I'm fine, just a little tired, it was a long semester that's all." I tried to sound as sincer as possible, she seemed to believe my words and placed her hand on mine giving a little squeeze and flashing me a loving smile.

"So what movie are we seeing?" I said to change the subject.

"Well there is a new movie called 'Me Before You' and i think we would both enjoy it." She smiled.

We had bought our movie tickets and were sitting in our seats when i saw my old friends sitting on the front left of the room , staring at me, i flash them a devilish, hateful glare and they all turn away. The movies starts and i start to relax, i was enjoying the movie thoroughly. About a quarter way through the movie a young girl and her older sister? Shuffle in next to us, the cinema is too dark to see the eldests face but i see the young girls. Half an hour passes and the young girl fidgets in her seat.

"Lo ,i can't see, i can't see.... this person is too tall, can we swap seats please."
Her sister accepts and i take a sip of my drink before continuing to watch the film. As the older girl takes a seat she bumps my hand.

"Oh sorry!" We say in unison and start to giggle, i look up to see the figure and my face goes white, as does hers. It's Lauren, my eyes widen and she scowls and turns away, shuffling towards the left side of her chair, closer to her sister, I face the screen  and my heart races, isn't that a bloody mess that out of all these seats, she ends up next to me.

Fifteen minutes go by and i finally decide to say i am sorry to her, i tap her shoulder and begin
"Hey , im really.." she snatches my wrist and squeezes it unbearably tight before throwing it back in the my direction, i silently yelp, cradling my arm and biting my lip to keep quiet.
"I said I am sorry, why are you being such a bitch." I hiss and she snaps her head around and this time a grab her wrist and squeeze, hard!
"Fuck you Cabello." She grunted , struggling from my grip.
"Oh I'm sorry Lauren are you hurt from the way i treated you, because that is how you treat everyone!"  I said and i saw her eyes burning up.
"Oh shut up you spoilt brat, why aren't you sitting with the school bullies over there, you waste of space!" 
My eyes were on the verge of popping out of the skull from surprise and rage, she wants a fight, then it is a fight shell get.
"I have never seen such an arrogant asshole in my life, it seemed like just a few days ago you were crying on your knees for me, good to see you are back to normal!" I scoffed.
Her fist raised and she connected it with my upper shoulder, i shoved her back and she did the same. My elbow was about to connect with her stomach when the lights came on and my mom grabbed my arm.
"Karla Camila Cabello, what the heck are you doing, stop right now, outside the lot of you." She commanded angrily, we all stood and left the room, with her tailing us viciously, we squeezed through the crowd leaving the cinema and i stood at a corner, i saw Lauren take her sisters arm and she started to leave.
"Hey! You! Get back here, right now!" My mom demanded for her to return, she did a short walk of shame towards us, with a very confused girl.
"Would you mind explaining what on earth happened in there young ladies?" She asked her brows furrowed angrily.
We bowed our heads to dodge the question.
"Okay if no one will speak up then you will have to hug it out, come on!" I panicked
"What no, uh" i hesitated , mom grabbed us and pushed us together.
We finally hugged and i said "im so sorry!" Lauren sighed and said it as well.
Out of complete surprise she bit my neck playfully before turning and walking away. I hid my shock and my mom said " well that wasnt so bad." She smiled and i smirked taking in what had happened. Geez what an eventful day!