Chapter XVI

The slight wind forming through the air blew back Xion's bangs from her face a bit which uncovered her bright blue eyes. Namine blinked her own blue eyes at her friend as she held up her hand to cover her mouth as she giggled. Laughter interrupted the silence that was embracing the town as the two girls wandered around and talked. It was all just simple jokes and stories, some explanations here and there were exchanged as well. Namine felt a relief while this was happening, she finally felt like she belonged somewhere. She had a friend.

"Are you feeling better?" Xion asked with a slight head tilt.

Namine nodded her head as she put the tips of her fingers together and tapped them together. "I just felt... Left out I guess. Once Roxas and Axel found you, you guys formed your trio again... And I was just another nobody cursed to fade back into darkness."

"But you're not." Xion stopped in her tracks and grabbed Namine's shoulder, squeezing it tightly. A sudden gust of wind suddenly seemed to happen which blew Namine's hair behind her shoulders, showing off her worried expression. "You helped Roxas and Axel get here to the past, you helped bring us together, you helped us erase Xemnas' memories so we could be together without anymore interruptions... Namine you're really helpful. We want you with us. We were just excited to be together again it was just overwhelming... We didn't mean to make you feel left out." Xion let go of Namine's shoulder and instead, grabbed her hand. Namine looked down with Xion's hand squeezing her own. "Let's be a quartet instead of a trio."

Namine's eyes quivered as they stared at Xion while small droplets began to form in the edges. Xion gasped with surprise as Namine tried to quickly wipe them away. "I-I don't think I've ever had a real friend before who wasn't just using me for my power..."

When Namine lowered her head Xion bent down to look at her friends face. "Namine we're not like that! Come on chins up!" Xion forced Namine's head to lift up and giggled. "Please don't worry. Let's talk this out with the boys and find a world where the Organization will never find us! It can just be us four, together forever without any worries."

Namine smiled and shook Xion's hand in delight. "Yes! No more Diz ordering me around! I can just be...Free."

"Exactly! Come on, let's grab them some ice cream and head back to the mansion!" Xion kept a hold on Namine's hand as the two bought some sea-salt ice cream from the shop and made their way back to the mansion where the boys were waiting.

They almost made it inside the hole in the cement before a C.O.D appeared in front of them. Namine jumped back with surprised and dropped the two ice creams in her hand as Xion made a sudden halt and stared at the portal.

"Where is he?!"

The angry smurf came out from the portal and went straight for Namine. He grabbed her by the front of her dress and lifted her up in the air, making the two meet eye-to-eye.

"Saix let her go!" Xion summoned her Keyblade to defend her friend, but Saix positioned Namine in such a way that she was dangling in front of him, acting as his shield. Xion halted and lowered her Keyblade, glaring daggers. "What do you want?" Xion's teeth clenched together.

Saix scowled. He seemed rather angry toward the two young girls even though he always claimed he had no heart and could not feel any emotions. It was odd behavior for someone who seemed so emotionless. He was on a rampage and was ready to tear whoever intervened to shreds. His pupils dilated in a strange matter as he stared into Xion's soul.

"Where is the Superior?" Saix's menacing glare turned to Namine as he held her by the front of her dress. "He went to deal with you fools and hasn't returned. Have you defeated him? Where is he?!"