Chapter 3: Compitions & Old Merories

Today there was going to be a competition. Whoever wanted to try out in the game had to go on this obstacle coarse thing and try to reach the top to get the disk out of the head. If you were knocked out you automatically lost and were out of the game. Seems easy right? Wrong I was dared to go on that thing once by Luke and I had to spend two weeks in the infirmary. Granted we were only 16 but it still hurt. I even still have the scar on my leg from it. I ran out of my cabin out to the auditorium where the competition was being held. Seeing Annabeth and Grover I ran over to them and started to cheer for Percy who was trying to get ready to go in, but wasn't able to. I noticed Clarisse was talking to him. Oh boy this won't end well. She actually was nice to me but rude to everybody else. I wonder why. Percy ended the conversation and ran to the obstacle coarse, moving his way around, Clarisse not to far behind. I saw another person fly off the coarse. "There goes another one" I said clapping Percy on. "Go Percy!" Annabeth yelled out . "Come on Percy I got 50 drachma on you" Grover yelled. "You bet on this?" I asked him, putting my hands on my hips. "What is that wrong?" He asked me. Annabeth and I just rolled our eyes and went back to watching. Meanwhile I overheard a conversation between Chiron and Dionysus. "'97 Xinomavro. Would you like a taste?" Mr. D asked. "Why do you torture yourself, Dionysus?" They both looked back to see a girl fly off the course landing in a heap of dust. "It was one Transgression, one. With a naiad, for the sake of Olympus. How was I to know Zeus had a thing for her? Or that he could hold a grudge for so long?" He pored some wine out but it turned into water. "I think the fact that Zeus is immortal means there's no limit to how long he can hold a grudge" Chiron said while chuckling. "You know the Christians have a guy that can do this trick in reverse. Now that's a god!" Dionysus said. I went back to see Percy and Clarisse fighting with each other. Percy then noticed Trereus calling for help with his leg stuck in the ladder. Percy looked down as if contemplating what he should do. After a while he decided to jump while doing some flips impressing the crowd. Percy finally got Tereus unstuck and was able to hoist him up, but didn't see the pillar thing heading his way. Annabeth and I tried to warn him but we were too late. Percy fell down groaning in pain. While Percy fell Clarisse got the disk and the Competition ended with confetti going everywhere. We helped Percy up while Clarisse got on one of the wires and zipped down. She came over to all of us but looking more towards Percy. "So what I'm wondering Percy, is that first quest you went on. Beginners luck wasn't it?" She asked teasingly. That stuck anger threw me. I was about to attack her when Annabeth said "Clarisse, he saved Olympus that's more than you've ever done" "whatever" Clarisse said walking threw us. "You know for the daughter of the God of War that girl is a mythic bit-" " Don't listen to her Percy" I said interrupting what Grover was going to finish. "You know it's too late. Besides she has a point" Percy said. "Dude, what are you talking about. Your more than a one quest wonder. You discovered Aries stollen chariot" Grover said trying to reason with Percy. "No actually that was Clarisse" Grover than started to name other things that Clarisse has done while me and Annabeth were mouthing to stop. Percy looked back at us and raised an eyebrow. "Thank you for trying to cheer me up" Percy said while getting up. "I would like a pair of cloven hooves before I let you listen to Clarisse instead of us. No offense, Grover" Annabeth said standing beside me. "Oh none taken. Is that an offer?" He asked her. "Listen it doesn't matter what Clarisse has done. To Chiron, Mr. D your still the rockstar" I said while patting Percy in a sisterly way. To our dismay Mr. D called Percy but used a different name calling him Perry Johnson. I told the others I was going on my daily run and they told me to have fun and to be safe. What was weird was when I was running I felt like I was being watched by someone. Weird I made sure no one follows me on these runs and whoever I let run with me was Luke but he's dead. I ran into the waterfall area and instantly felt sad that Luke wasn't here to enjoy the moment with me. Noticing something big I saw it was Lukes old letter jacket he used to let me wear. The last time I wore that was the last time Luke and I came here together, that was before the quest. I picked it up and sighed sitting down on a rock. Hugging the jacket close to me I said " I miss you Luke there's not a day i go by without thinking of you. I wish none of this would have ever happened and I could be in your arms right now" by now I had a few tears coming out. Hearing a bush rustle I took out my twin daggers Ζ?ή. I noticed it was just the little bunny that I took in as a pet the other day. Chiron said it was a boy so I named if Peter for Peter Cottontail. Don't ask me why I just named him that. I picked him up and got up, getting the jacket I went back to my cabin noticing it was almost curfew hour. I walked into my cabin putting Peter down on my bed, and changing into my pjs I took the jacket and put it on. Snuggling into the jacket I petted Peter and fell asleep. What was weird is that I felt like someone gave me a kiss of the forehead and the cheek when I was sleeping. Its probably just my imagination running wild again.