Chapter 8

Crap. I think I'm late.

Iggy rushed into the building, quickly greeting the girls at the front desk. "Oh James!"

Before he could enter the elevator, Iggy turned at the sound of his other name. "What is it?" His tone was laced thickly with annoyance as he faced the reception girls.

"Are you free this weekend?" One of the reception girls - dirty blonde, long hair with deep hazel eyes - batted her eyelids at Iggy, as if almost begging to say 'yes'. The girl tried her best to add the sound of desire into her sentence, which Iggy picked up. Iggy shivered slightly, not because he enjoyed it but more because it looked disgusting.

[Name] would never act like that... That's what makes her so special...

"I'm sorry but I'm busy," he said, attempting a smile at the girls. He couldn't see them but he could just hear their sighs of sadness. He smiled slightly to himself. "I better get going." As Iggy had already memorised the building, he headed towards the elevator with ease, feeling along the buttons for the third floor. Pressing the button, Iggy irritatedly tapped his foot. His mind was preoccupied with a certain girl, his thoughts running wild and free. How he wished for you to be back in his arms, telling him how much you loved him, how Ella was all just a bad nightmare.

The soft ding came and Iggy stepped out of the elevator. Seeing as he was blind - and his mind was elsewhere - he didn't notice the presence in front of him and bumped right into the person.

"Oh shit. Sorry. I-"

Wait...!

"[N-Name]...?" His voice stuttered as your name rolled off his tongue. Iggy couldn't believe his luck. He was working with you again. You were his co-worker, again. Of course, Iggy didn't mind this one bit as his heart started racing again. All his senses were brought to life and he smiled softly at the feeling of your presence close by.

"You're um... James right?"

"Y-yeah... are you working here now?"

"Um, yeah. Uh, would you, um, mind taking your hand off my, uh, breast...?"
Iggy tilted his head to the side but quickly registered what you had said. Hey, no wonder it felt soft when he grabbed onto the person!

»«

You blushed deeply as James quickly took back his hand.

"Oh fuck. I-I'm sorry, [Name]. I-I didn't mean to - I mean, it was an accident, I swear!" James stammered harshly, causing you to giggle in response.

"I know. Hey, um, Hunter is looking for you. He's kinda worried that you're late," you said as you pointed towards the office tables you worked at. Of course you weren't aware he was blind; you had amnesia for God's sake. James nodded and gulped silently as he wobbled towards your row of desks. When James finally got to the desks, Hunter greeted him cheerfully.

"Hey James! I thought you were going to call in sick but seems like you made it. What happened?" Hunter asked as he sat down at his table, James chucking his things on his own and plopping down into the chair. He let out a long sigh before running his pale hand through his strawberry-blonde hair.

"My, uh, friend who I'm currently staying with was kinda late to wake up then I got held up at reception by the girls..." You could hear the tone of annoyance that lingered in his voice. At that time, Nadie and Jessie entered the room, each holding two coffees.

"I heard the reception girls gossip about you James," said Jessie as he placed one coffee in front of the male. You saw James groan inwardly, sliding his hand down his face in an annoyed fashion. "They really want to go out with you... did you accept their offer?" Jessie only made matters worse as he wiggled his eyebrows, occasionally sipping at his hot coffee.