Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Iggy paused as he heard your question. Was his hinting giving it away too much? Or was he being too obvious that he really really liked you? "What makes you say that?" he asked, his tone relatively calm.

He felt the bed shift then dip by his left side. He suspected you were sitting on the bed fully and crossing your legs. "Can I talk to you about something... crazy?"

Iggy had no idea what you were implying at but wanted to answer your question anyways. "Okay. What is it then?"

"Promise not to laugh?"

And his heart skipped a beat. He remembered when you used to say that to him when you wanted to talk about girl business with him. "Promise."

Iggy listened to you recite your dream, and how you would occasionally have images of various memories. And Iggy couldn't help but feel his heart beat rapidly against his chest as he listened.

She's remembering... She's actually remembering...!

"So... that is sort of why I asked about our relationship before..." Iggy could hear the small tone of fear. But why would you be scared? "Please don't think of me as crazy... I honestly don't know why I had that dream or why I would have those images but all I ask is that you don't laugh and call me a freak..."

Iggy reached his hand out and held it in front of you, his palm facing up. "We both are freaks already... Hearing something like that gives me hope because I know that you are starting to remember and recover from your amnesia. Though we might not be able to remake all those memories again, I can assure you that the Flock and I will make sure that you have more memories to remember and never forget for the rest of your life." And he felt glad when he felt you place your hand in his. Gently, he laced his fingers with yours, a gesture he always did when you two were younger.

Your hand started to shake then your voice broke as you spoke, "Thank you Iggy... Thank you for looking after me..."

It broke his heart a little when you said that; your shaky voice and the words you said made it sound like it was goodbye forever. But warmth spread all over his chest as he felt you shuffle right next to him and rest your head on his shoulder. The lightest tint of pink dusted his cheeks as he continued to hold your hand. "Y'know, when we were younger and bored, we used to cuddle up like this..."

Her heard you giggle lightly. "Really? Did we do anything else this cute?"

Iggy smiled widely. "You would always help me with my clothes. And when you couldn't sleep, you always came to my room and snuggled up next to me. You always knocked out almost immediately after. Because I always cooked for the Flock, I was always up the earliest. Every morning, you would come down and hug me from behind, nuzzling your face into my back. It was probably the cutest thing ever.

"We also regularly sat on the roof or under a tree and just talked. Some times we'd share a kiss but most of the time, it was you cuddling closer because you were cold but refused to go back into the house. You always held my hand when helping me navigate around the house—though I was perfectly capable of doing that myself—and you always brought my fingers to your lips to show how happy you always were." Iggy couldn't stop smiling. He rested his head lightly on top of yours. Then the most unsuspected thing happened.

He felt you bring his hand up to your lips and you gently trailed his fingers across your mouth. He felt how wide you were smiling, how happy you were feeling. "I'm really happy right now Iggy."

Iggy was about to burst into tears when he heard a loud voice shout through your window. "ARE YOU BACK TOGETHER NOW?!"

»«