Chapter 2: What Happened?

[YOUR P.O.V]
                   ****************

   I woke up to a bright blue tile ceiling.
  I slowly sat up groaning my back was hurting like crazy and I finally noticed I had bandages around my head and right shoulder.
  I looked toward my right to see I was hooked up to a heart thingy but then my attention glazed over to the door to see my mother talking with someone, most likely the doctor..she noticed me and politely excused herself.

My mother walked in with the Doctor close behind, she gently wrapped her arms around me kissing my forehead, worry, Relief and guilt ate away at her face all at the same time.
  "Are you okay?, how do you feel sweetness?" My mother asked with tears building up.
  "I'm alright...I think ...what happened? " I asked her confused.
  "You got hit by a car..slightly...thank goodness..." She told me.
  "Huh...how did I end up here?" I asked, my memory was blurry along with my head pulsing, the only thing I remember was running from a tall figure.
  "A witness called 911...the woman driving the car aggressively pressed on the brake when she saw you but it was too late and she hit her head hard on the steering wheel knocking herself out...they hospital called me when you were safely in the bed...I came as quickly as I could." She smiled slightly kissing my forehead slightly again.
  I expected my dad to walk in, but I quickly remembered...he was never going to walk in....I was never going to see his soft smile or feel his warm embrace ever again...he was taken from me...but I knew he watched over me, that's how I didn't die when the woman hit me.
  I felt my eyes and body get heavy.
Apparently my mom noticed and laid me back down.
  "Get some rest sweet heart...you'll need it with the condition your in" she smiled at me.
  I smiled uneasily before closing my eyes and drifting to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

Later in the night I woke up to my mother sleeping in a soft chair soundlessly.
  I wasn't sure why I was up, something about the window intrigued me. I carefully got out of the hospital bed in one of those hospital dress thingys barefooted.
  I quietly walked over to the window.
  Outside was the hospital parking lot then a street then expressway...then...the woods...something made me look closely at the woods.
  I wish I didn't...there blending in the the dark trees and shows night were only the street lights and moon shined stood the tall figure with no face.
  I gasped and tried to take a good look at him.
  He stared back but slowly turned around and stalked back into the thick woods.
  Feeling strange in someway I really wanted to go toward the woods but my back and shoulder and head hurt so I went back to the hospital bed not making a squeak.
Who was that strange man? What did he want from me? Why did he chase me?