Chapter 15

Niall's P.O.V :

"Niall! Niall! Help me" Francessca shouts from the front door running over to me, dragging me inside.

"What?" I ask worried.

"It's Alice, she's unconcious." she cries, tears falling all around her face.

She leads me to the stairs Alice's head up flopping as she lay against the wall unconcious, blood up the walls from the fall.

"OMG!!!" I scream hand to my mouth,sitting by her side holding her hands ringing the ambulance. "Oh god, Alice! Hang in there please!"

I carry Alice outside holding her head in one arm and legs in the other so it's easier for the ambulance to get to her. Alice is carried off into the ambulance by stretcher, I jump in beside her holding her hand all the way. We arrive at the hospital where the stretcher is carried down several, long corridors before we find a spare area in one of the wards. I sit by her bed as the nurses set up the oxygen masks and heart monitor.

"Is she going to be ok?" I ask holding back the tears.

"We don't know yet! She is not completely in trouble but she isn't 100% safe as well. We are going to do some tests later to see what's going on" the doctor explains. "So, you're her what? Brother?"

He grabs a pen and paper taking notes "I'm her boyfriend." I say although I'm not sure if I'm anymore I messed up kinda bad. "How long could she be in this state?"

"A few hours,day or weeks maybe even years." my eyes widen at the "years" part of it. I shake my head at how unreal this feels a few hours ago we are happy as anything then suddenly we are enemies again. "Please. Do get some rest!"

I nod. "Ok. call her family for me, I want them to know what's happened" I plead.

"Have you got her mums' mobile number?" he asks me.

I shake my head. "Hold on this should have it." I say fishing her phone out of her pocket, handing it over to the doctor.

I wait for the doctor to come back. "She's on her way, could you please go to the waiting room until we say it's alright to come back?" he says pointing to the door to the waiting room.

"Can't I just stay here with Alice?" I say.

"I'm afraid it could get quick upsetting" he replies.

I walk away sitting down by the window in the waiting room. A dark haired woman comes to sit by me a smile on her face. "Niall?" she asks.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"It's me Alison.You know we were best mates in year two?" she replies.

"OMG!!! Yeah. Why are you here?" I ask.

"My mum she's terminally ill. Yeah she doesn't have a lot of time left. "she says looking to the ground biting her lip, shaking herself out of the thought. "Why are you here?"

"My girlfriend. She had a bit of an accident earlier today, fell down the stairs hit her head" I explain. "Yeah. She's been in a coma for quite some time now. They're running tests now"

"I'm sorry, come here!!!" she says holding her arms out wide, hugging me. I close my eyes, a tear falling. We pull away I wipe my eyes. "It's okay, I understand" She smiles.

"It's all my fault, we had had an argument it's a long story" I explain.

"Don't blame yourself. I'm sure it wasn't" she reassures me, smiling.

"Alison!" a nurse calls and when she spots her she orders her to come back into the ward. She gets up and turns back to me.

"See you around!" she says as she walks over to the nurse.

I'm sitting watching TV when Alice's mum runs into the waiting room trying to get into the waiting room some guards come to make her sit down. "I wanna see my daughter!" she shouts bursting into tears.The guards speak to her calmly saying she will once the tests are done and she sits down for a bit fidgeting in her seat.

******************************Two hours later****************

"Niall?" the nurse shouts.I jump up out of my seat, going over to her grey faced. "You can come in now!" 

I follow her in through the door to the ward. "Is she awake yet?" I ask.

"No, we just wanna run you through the test results." she says looking quite concerned.

"It's bad, I can tell" I say.

"We're not insinuating anything yet, she can pull through." she replies.

We get into the main ward. "The fall was a bad one" she pauses.

I roll my eyes at the obvious remark "Go on!" I respond.

"We don't know for sure yet but we think she will wake within a few days, so we want you to relax and get some rest." she replies.

"So, there's no bad news?" I ask.

"She hit her head hard but hopefully not hard enough to cause any real damage" she says.

I nod "Ok. That's good!" I reply relaxing in my seat ready to shut my eyes for a little while.

"Is there anything I can get you?" the nurse asks.

"No, it's fine" I say "So, are you going to be feeding Alice through tubes until she comes round?"

"Yes! In a liquid form, the same with her drink." she replies going off leaving us in peace.